Chapter Thirty-Three Part 2

Please follow, vote and comment my beauties!

Song: All of me by John Legend

Chapter Thirty-Three Part Two

___________

"Uhm, why is my leg wet?" Clyde asked me, quizzically squinting his eyes.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered, my mouth is the only thing moving on my body.

"Why are you so pale?"

"Oh my GOSH," I yell, flinging my arms wildly.

"Oh mY GOSH!" He yelled back, finally getting what was going on. A bright, panicked smile overtook his face, and he frantically left the room running.

"IAN, GET YOUR SHOES ON PLEASE," I heard from my spot standing on the kitchen floor.

"But dad-" Ian started.

"IAN, PLEASE DO AS I SAY AND YOU'LL GET AN ICE CREAM," He yelled back, his voice fainter.

Ten seconds later, Clyde ran back into the kitchen carrying both the diaper bag and the Michael Kors bag.

"Thank god you packed these tonight," Clyde panted, putting his hand to my back and ushering me to the front door.

"Yeah, I'm very than- HOLY BONKERS," I screeched, feeling what must be a contraction taking over my body.

"Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH ARE YOU OKAY?" Clyde panicky yelled, looking anywhere and everywhere but my pelvis area.

Staying silent until the small contraction stops, I mutter a yes and carefully put my shoes on with Clyde's help.

"IAN, WHERE ARE YOU?" Clyde yelled, an unknown look in his eye.

"Coming, Daddy!" He yelled back, making his appearance around the corner with a bag over his arm.

"LET'S GO, PEOPLE!" Clyde yelled, once again, ushering all of us out of the apartment.

"Honey, dear. You don't have shoes on," I said, laughing at him.

Looking down at his pink-sheep socks, realization dawned on his face and he hurriedly opened the door again and grabbed the first pair of his shoes he could reach.

"I always loved flip flops on you," I winked at him.

10:30 PM

We arrived at the hospital safely, with Clyde panicking the whole way there.

After a tremendously short wait (Clyde kept screaming at the nurses and I think they finally got sick of him), we were ushered into a private room with an amazing New York City view.

We've been here for close to an hour, with my contractions getting worse every 20 minutes.

The nurse checked to see how far along I was, and so far I'm only 4 centimeters dilated. The nurse said I have to wait to be 5 centimeters to get the epidural.

What does she know?

Okay, she knows a lot.

11:00 PM

Holy moly do these contractions hurt!

Girls, periods are fun compared to this.

I'm almost at 5 centimeters, the nurse said she'll give me an epidural no later than 11:30 pm (thank god).

Clyde's mom showed up so that Ian could sit with her in the waiting room rather than having to sit in my room hearing my shouts of pain.

How grateful am I to that woman? So damn grateful.

11:30 PM

The nurse gave me the epidural 10 minutes ago and says that I am now almost to 6 ½ centimeters. She said I could possibly give birth to dear Alden by 2:30 am.

Clyde's freaking out in the chair by my bed, even though I'm not screaming out in pain anymore.

He keeps saying he loves me and he's so sorry.

So, so sorry.

I could honestly kill him at this moment.

But I won't because if I do I'll have to plan his funeral and I'm honestly just too lazy for that right now.

12:00 AM Saturday, May 20th (Going into Week 36)

I'm now at 7 centimeters dilated and the nurse finally called my doctor.

What if I give birth to Alden before the doctor arrives?

Will he die?

Will the nurses break his arm?

Will the nurses break MY VAGINA?

I'm so tired. Clyde's staring out the window.

I just want to play Super Mario.

1:00 AM

Holy fuck.

It's happening soon.

I'm at 9 centimeters dilated.

The doctor is saying I'm lucky, usually Childbirth takes much longer.

How can anyone stand to be in this bed for 24 hours? I couldn't.

I'm scared.

Clyde's holding my hand.

1:30 AM

It's happening.

I'm 10 centimeters dilated.

The doctor is telling me to push.

Clyde's holding my hand and brushing my hair bag and whispering sweet words into my ear.

I'm sweating and screaming and trying to bite Clyde's hand, but he keeps pulling it away from me.

I know, he's sadistic, right?

I keep pushing.

And pushing.

Did I mention pushing?

Until I hear a beautiful baby boy's high-pitched scream and a significant pressure release in my pelvic area.

__________
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE PART 2 DONE!

Until next time,

xoxo, Cooler_Than_You_101