Chapter Twenty-Three

PLEASE VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENT!

Song this chapter: Set Me on Fire by Bella Ferraro

Chapter Twenty-Three

Week 25- The baby is entering a rapid growth period, particularly with the nervous system. More fat is being added, which will make the baby's skin look less wrinkled and more smooth.

_________

"Stila, sweetie, your bra's came!" Clyde yelled from the living room, excitement clear in his voice. "I should sue this damn company. They were 5 days late."

"Clyde, babe. Give them a break," I laugh, waddling out to see him bent down behind a giant Victoria's secret box.

"Hurry over, please. I can't justify opening a box full of Bra's by myself," he whined.

Shaking my head and laughing, I sat on the couch in front of Clyde and, of course, the box.

With a kitchen knife, he tore open the tape sealing the two, cardboard flaps together. With a big grin, he slowly revealed the inside.

Full of pink ruffles and nude silk, I was somewhat surprised. "What's the pink stuff?"

"They're bra's," he said, raising his eyebrows.

"We picked out the bra's together," I replied, raising my own eyebrow.

"I might've added, like, 20 extra bra's to our original order."

"Clyde!" I scolded, giving him a glare.

"I didn't buy them for you, I bought them for me," he whined, holding up a skimpy two piece set. "I wanna see you in this."

"Oh yeah?" I whisper, gesturing to come closer to me.

"Mhm," he said, his lips almost interlocking on mine.

Giggling and shaking my head, I jumped up and ran as best as I could to the unfurnished baby room, with Clyde playfully chasing from behind. Arriving at the room, I quickly sit on the floor, grab a baby name book, and pat the spot in front of me.

"We have to pick a name," I said.

Sitting down and sighing, Clyde grabbed another name book and began flipping through the pages.

"Oliver?" Clyde asks, after 3 minutes of flipping through pages.

"Too mainstream and good-parenting sounding," I say, scrunching up my nose.

"We wouldn't want that!" He sarcastically replies, rolling his eyes and returning to the name book.

After another three minutes, I say, "What about Grayson?"

"I'm pretty sure I have a cousin named Grayson."

As the day passed, so did the number of baby names we went through. At around 2 pm, Clyde decided that it was the time I drank and ate something.

After a thrilling a delicious food fight and a grilled cheese in the kitchen, we went back to the baby room and continued our day scrolling around and looking for a baby name.

"This is absolutely useless!" I finally say, harshly closing my book.

"We'll never find a perfect name. God, I give props to my parents for being able to name me," He replies, shutting his book as well and leaning back.

"One more book," I say, picking up the last book in our pile of thousands and flipping to the 6th page of the book.

"What about Alden?" Clyde asks from the position of looking over my shoulder.

"I think it's perfect," I breath, smiling and clapping my hands.

"Our littles guys name is Alden?" Clyde says.

"Our little guy's name is Alden.''

Smiling at each other, Clyde grabbed my hands and stared into my eyes for a solid minute.

"Should we tell our families?" He asks.

"I think we should wait," I answer, giddy with excitement.

"I agree," he says. "Now that we have a name, do you think it's time we have a room?"

"When is your next day off?" I ask.

"I can't take off any work this week and I don't think you can either. What about this weekend?"

"This weekend sounds perfect. Let's go shopping on Saturday and on Sunday we can put everything together. By we, I mean you."

"I love that idea," he says, reaching his hands out to me and wiggling his fingers. "I think the baby needs some tickles."

Giggling and trying to scooch away, I shook my head and pointed a finger at him.

"Don't you dare," I say in between fits of laughter.

Ignoring me, he grabbed me and slowly lowered my head to the ground, where he lavishly tickled me until I admitted my defeat. 

_____
Chapter 23 DONE! 

Please, Vote, Follow, and Comment!

We've reached 5+k reads and I'm SUPER HAPPY! Thank you, my beautiful, handsome, lovely, artistic readers! :) 

XOXO, Cooler_Than_You_101