Chapter Twenty-Seven

WARNING: This chapter will be filled with way more errors than you're used to, prepare yourselves. 

Song: Million Reasons by Lady Gaga

VOTE, FOLLOW, AND COMMENT PLEASE! :) 

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Week 29- Major development finished, so the baby gains weight quickly. The baby will need plenty of nutrients to continue growing.

_________

"Stila, nice of you to finally make it to work! You look like shit," Craig Tele says to me as I deliver him his morning coffee.

"We can't all have a perfect life," I mutter under my breath, walking out of his office.

It's been 4 days without Clyde. Four days of avoiding him as well as his calls. Some part of me thinks that I'm overreacting, but another part thinks what I'm doing is completely reasonable.

Sighing with frustration and hormonal grumpiness, I sit down and begin the horrible pile of work my absence has drawn from calling out of work for three days.

As the day passes on, so does my patience with Craig. The sight of his balding head and teeth makes me want to gag every time I look at them, but if I made it obvious, I'd probably lose a big sum of my paycheck.

Ring

Ring

Grumbling, I pick up my ringing office phone and force myself to sound happy and not like I'm going through a serious life crisis.

"Hello, this is Stila, Craig Tele's assistant. How may I help you?" I say, cringing at the fakeness present in my voice.

"Stila, baby," I hear Clyde's voice rasp, desperation clear in his voice.

We sat in silence for a minute, just hearing each other breathe.

"I asked you to give me space," I said, before hanging up.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, I took out my emergency lollipop I kept in my purse for situations like these and began sucking it.

How can he just call me at work and expect we'd talk? Did he think he'd just listen to my breath for a whole five minutes? Why didn't he say anything?

"STILA!" Craig yelled to me from his office.

Getting up from my place at my desk, I throw away the lollipop and hurry to see what my overbearing boss wanted this time.

"Yes, sir?"

"Why is Clyde Lyles calling my personal phone number?"

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"He wants to talk to you," He muttered, glaring at me and holding out his phone.

Taking it, I turn around and face the wall before bringing it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Stila," Clyde, again, breathes.

"Clyde," I breathe back, secretly loving the sound of his voice.

"I'm sorry. Have dinner with me tonight. We'll have a more appropriate, in-depth conversation about the issue at hand then," He says, his voice eerily calm with the hint of a business tone.

"This isn't a business deal," I scold quietly, hoping Craig wasn't eavesdropping.

"Stila, please," I hear him say, his voice cracking and sounding vulnerable.

"Fine, pick me up from work at 5." I snap, hanging up and taking a quick, calming breath before turning around to face the devil.

"Why did your boyfriend call me, Stila?" Craig asks, reaching for his phone and glaring at me.