Chapter Ten

Please Vote, Comment & Follow

Chapter Ten

Week 13- The baby is growing at a quicker pace. The organs are fully formed and may grow more this trimester. The baby's hormones (estrogen or testosterone) are being made. If you have an ultrasound, you may see the baby making movements such as breathing or swallowing.

__________

Walking out of the cold, skyscraping building I smile and walk across the street for some Mint Chocolate chip ice cream. Not just because of the hormones, but also to celebrate the fact that it's Friday night and I have nothing else to do for the whole weekend.

Skipping into the parlor, I order my ice cream, adding gummy bears and sprinkles, and enjoy my walk home.

Ever since last week's Cafe chat with Clyde, I've been feeling extra giddy. It's good to know that my future child won't totally have 50% genes of an asshole.

Taking the elevator up to my apartment, I open the door and see that Theo isn't here. He's probably doing god knows what with god knows who.

Going into my room, I change out the ickiness that is my work clothes and into the yumminess that is sweatpants and a 2xxL hoodie.

I settle into the couch, flicking through Netflix until I'm content with my choice; High school Musical. Before I manage to click the play button, a knock comes my front door.

Grumbling and huffing out loud sighs, I get out of my cocoon and open the door. Surprised, I slam the door shut. And then 15 seconds later open it back up to see Clyde's stunned face, which I'm sure mirrored mine.

"OhmygoshClydeI'msosorry," I say all in one breath, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"Uhm. It's fine. I brought things," he said, and looking down I realize he has a pizza box and two plastic bags in his hands.

"Is that food? I've only had ice cream tonight. Pizza sounds amazing. I want pizza," I ramble, gesturing him in.

I close the door behind him and notice that he's looking around the small, quaint apartment. "It's not much, but it's enough," I tell him, sitting back on the couch.

"It's pretty, like you," he says, sitting down beside me. He pulls out 3 discs, obviously movies. "I brought entertainment, but it looks like you found your own." He gestures to the TV, where the High School musical screen was flashing on Netflix.

"Yeah, um. It was my favorite movie when I was 14." I say, reaching for the pizza box and taking a slice.

"High School Musical? When I was 14, I liked the Country Bears. They were my jam, I'd fall asleep watching that movie," he said, leaning forward and taking his own slice of pizza. "Let's have a go with this movie, though. God knows how many times you'll make our offspring watch it."

I smile and hit play, getting back into my comfy cocoon again.

⬤⬤⬤

After finishing watching not only the first High School Musical, but High School Musical one and two, I turn off the TV and face Clyde.

"So I just entered the second trimester," I say, rubbing the very faint baby bump that has appeared.

"That's exciting. When do we get to find out the gender of the little person?" He asks me, leaning back and propping his feet up onto the coffee table.

"Sixteen weeks. Three more weeks for us!" I reply. "Since I'm passed the second trimester, I'm not at much of a high risk for miscarriage. We can tell our families when we want to now."

"Really?" He asks, his eyes lighting up in excitement.

"Yes," I say, letting out a little laugh. "I plan on telling mine Wednesday."

"Then I'll tell mine on Wednesday, too." he says, while never stop smiling.

After talking a few more minutes about nothing, Clyde says he needs to leave and he walks to the door. I walk over to him and give him a hug, whispering "thank you"'.

When I let go, I step back to see a shocked expression on his face. "Anytime, Stila," he says, recovering and then smiling.

He leaves, and I'm again in pure bliss. Clyde Lyles always seems to bring a smile to my face. 

______________

Chapter Ten Done!

The song for this chapter is Start of Something new from High School Musical. I picked this song for many obvious reasons. 

Totally not a filler chapter. Nope. 

And shoutout to my new favorite person. Thank you! XoXo

I SURVIVED SURGERY IN CASE ANYONE WANTED TO KNOW

Xoxo, Cooler_Than_You_101