Chapter 1

Aviana POV:

"Good morning Mr. Miller," I said nervously as I entered the shop for the first time in this new job.

After losing my last job as the personal assistant for Mr. Jones because of coming late although I had my reasons, I couldn't find a better job.

"Good morning Miss Anderson,'' he replied.

"Go to Jake and he will tell you how to start with your work, I hope you know at least the basics.''

"Yes sir I do.''

"Good, then go.''

"Ok,''I replied then went to the man behind the desk.

''Excuse me sir, I'm Aviana Anderson a new worker here, Mr. Miller told me to go to a guy called Jake, can you please tell me where is he?" I said barely hearing my own voice, never mind, I never feel confident enough while chatting with people I don't know well.

"Yes miss I am Jake, you can start for today by helping the clients with finding the clothes and the perfect size." Jake said.

"Oh ok thank you sir."

"Just call me jake, Aviana?"

"Yes okay... Now if you don't mind.. I want to go."

"Ok, see you around."

I worked for hours without noticing the time. As it passed by lunch time, I went to the small coffee beside the store and grabbed a snack, muting my hunger, waiting to go home and eat dinner with my parents.

"Aviana you can go home now, your shift is over, see you tomorrow,'' Jake said.

"Umm.. Ok.. Bye ..see you tomorrow I guess." I said packing my things.

I took the bus to go home, it was super crowded with people today. When I finally arrived home, I knocked the door twice until my mom opened it.

"Hi honey, how was your first day at work?" Mom asked.

"It went well, this job is better than the other, at least no one is annoying me all the time, anyways where is dad?"

"He is in the living room resting on the couch, go see him and tell him about your day."

"Ok mom will do."

I went directly to dad and kissed his cheeks and hugged him.

"Hi dad, how are you, are you feeling better than yesterday?" I said remembering the bad events that happened last day.

Suddenly, dad fainted, we took him to the hospital directly. After the doctors saw him, they told us that he has a disease in his heart, spreading in a fast way and he will die within a year if he didn't take the medication that costs a lot. Because of that, I spent the whole day searching for a job, finally I found one at men's wear store named Gucci. And mom is babysitting some kids in our neighborhood. Thus, we can provide all our needs especially dad's medication.

"Yeah dear, I'm feeling better how was your work?" His voice returned me to the present.

"It was well, now excuse me I am tired, I want to rest, call me please mom when the dinner is over,''

"Okay dear will do.''

***Authors note***

Thanks for reading very much
Don't forget to vote
Comment and share please

~Sahar Dirani~