Chapter 2

Alex's POV:

"Hi.. umm... I'm Adeline Lewis Mr. Smith, your new Personal Assistant.'' The girl who wore a white miniskirt and a baby pink shirt said, with the flirtatious eyes, batting her eyelashes on me.

"Yes Ms. Lewis your office is outside mine, go and start your work, you should know what to do if you applied in my company,'' I said while looking on my laptop's screen.

''Make me coffee before you start, the kitchen is before the last room to the left.''

"Ok sir."

I was concentrating on the presentation I was preparing for the meeting with Mr. Morris. Last month I employed about 5 or 6 personal assistants, but none of them was good, so I hope that Adeline will be the last one. I can't believe that after at least a month I will become the CEO, it's something I have been dreaming of since I was a kid.

"Where is she? she's late 5 minutes."

"Excuse me sir, sorry I'm late a little bit because I wasn't finding the kitchen, I promise it will not happen again.'' She said with a shaking voice.

"It is better not to happen again, otherwise you will be fired. I don't tolerate late people."

"Okay sir.''

"Did the newspapers arrive?"

"Yes sir, I will bring them to you now.'' After 5 minutes she arrived with the newspapers.

"Thank you, go to your work now.''

I took the newspapers and started reading them, it became my daily routine.

I was shocked on what was written on the first page, there was a big picture of mine when I was young with my mother written under it

"Will the future CEO forgive his mother, and live with her happily and prove us wrong about his cold and ruthless ways and actions. Or will he just ignore her and never forgive her again?"

"OH MY GOD!! How do they know about my so called mother, I will kill whoever who told the journalists and I will make their lives a living hell.'' Being furious and upset was understandable. I dialed the number and called.

"Good morning, can I help you with anything?'' the woman on the phone answered.

"Yes, you can by deleting the article on the first page of your newspaper, and telling me now who gave you this report?"

"Sorry sir, first you don't have the right to tell us what to do and to erase it or not. Second, we can't give you the names of the people that are providing us with these articles and third who are you?"

"Alex Smith is talking to you! And yes I have the right. If in 24 hours you don't erase this article, I will make sure to destroy all your business!" I hung up, packing my things and going to a nearby coffee to take a break for an hour.

I want to sort out my thoughts, whoever who did this will feel guilty because I am not one to be played with. I still remember that day when I was 5 years old playing in the backyard when I heard shouting from the house.

I went up and then I saw my mom packing her things.

"Mommy where are you going? I want to go with you,"

"No you will not, nobody will. I will leave forever and never show you my face Mr. Smith.''

"Honey, we need you I am sorry if I said mean things to you. I swear I love you. What about our son? Will you leave him alone with me? He needs his mother!" My father said to her trying to convince her to stay.

"I don't care either about you or about your son. All I know now is that I am leaving.'' She replied with an angry tone then she left, and never showed her face in our lives. I was miserable and sad. I wasn't able to stop crying or stop thinking about her. I felt that a big part of me was lost but not anymore, I don't care about her now. And what! after 21 years she decided to show up in my life? I don't think she will see me or have me as her son, because she was the one who decided to leave us. To turn me cold.

''Good morning sir, what do you want to have?" A waitress asked.

"A cup of water only",

"Okay.'' Few minutes he came with the water, I took it from him and mumbled a thank you.

OMG i didn't buy the suit for tomorrow for the presentation with Mr. Morris.

I went outside the coffee shop and directly to the mansion, changed into casual clothes, took the keys of my Ferrari then went to the mall to GUCCI.

***Authors note***

Don't forget to vote
Comment and share please

~sahar dirani~