Chapter 3

Aviana's POV:

I woke up early today, ate breakfast with my mom, she was worried a lot about dad because he wasn't eating well.

''Mom don't worry about him a lot, in at least 6 month we will be able to pay all his medications and he will hopefully become healthy again."

"Yes dear, I wish so, your dad reminds me by your sister, because of that I am worried. I can't handle the risk of his death, I will become the most miserable person and I know that.''

When she mentioned my sister I could feel my eyes water. It was the worst day in my life.

My friends and I decided to go to the beach and play on the sand, I was 11 years old and my sister Mila was 16 years old, we wanted to take an older one with us so we asked Mila.

''Mila can you go to the beach with my friends and I, Isabella's mother agreed only if we took an older person with us, and you'r the only one."

"Sorry, I have a quiz tomorrow and I want to study for it. So I can't, " she replied with her eyes on the book.

"Pleeeease, only for an hour Mila, come on."

"Fine, but only an hour. Pinky promise?"

"Yayy, promise."

We went to the beach happily and played hide and seek with some other games. Finally we decided to play truth and dare and after it, we will go home. After 10 minutes of playing, the bottle spotted on Mila and me.

"Truth or dare?" I asked her.

"Dare,'' Mila replied.

"Go to the sea and bring some water in this bottle."

"Ok." She went to the beach and entered the water, then that wave came and took my sister with it, we were screaming her name crazily, Isabella called the ambulance.

"Mila, Mila .....where are you......hold on....?!'' I was screaming while crying.

After half an hour the ambulance arrived and she was lying on the sand. They took her to the hospital then called my parents. They were on a trip to Brazil for work. They arrived an hour later, I was still crying so hard and so were they.

"Mrs. And Mr. Anderson?" The doctor asked my parents.

"Yes doctor, how is our daughter, is she okay?" Dad answered in a sad voice.

"We are sorry, but your daughter is dead! she drank a very big amount of water from the sea, we couldn't get them all out of her body.''

It was the worst moment in my life when the doctor mentioned her death. My parents were so angry about the stupid dare that I asked her to do. For a year, my mom kept avoiding me. Then she woke up on what she was doing and asked my forgiveness. For sure I forgave her. I was, and still blaming myself, because I was the main reason of her death.

I went back to reality, took my hand bag, put it on my shoulder and kissed my mom's cheeks.

"Good bye, see you in the afternoon.''

''Bye dear.''

I went to the bus stop and waited for around 10 minutes for the bus, I took it and went to the store.

"Good morning Mr. Miller,''

"Good morning Aviana."

I went to Jake and put my bag on the table.

"Hi jake, how are you?"

"Hi Aviana, I'm fine what about you?"

"I'm good.'' I replied then went to the client. At 3 in the afternoon, I decided to go to the coffee shop nearby and buy a cappuccino.

While I was passing from the door, suddenly someone bumped into me and I fell on the floor.

"Ouchh!'' I screamed.

"Oh I didn't see you there,'' he gave me his hand. "Let me help you," I took his hand and stood up.

"Umm....t-thank y-you......I-I'm sorr-ry,''

"Watch your way the next time Aviana, to avoid dumping into people."

"Y-you were the one who dumped into me," I said in a very low voice, ''And how did you know my name sir!?"

He let out a small sarcastic laugh and then said, ''It's written on your t-shirt. Now I want to go, by the way I'm Alex Smith."

"OMG! Alex Smith? The one and only Alex Smith?"

"Yes,'' he smiled then turned around and went inside the shop.

Oh my god, I saw him, who ever said he's not polite?

***Author's note***

Hope you are enjoying my story
Don't forget to vote
Comment and share please

~Sahar Dirani~