Chapter 16

’You just think lovely wonderful thoughts,’ Peter explained, ‘and they lift you up in the air.’

Peter was beyond excited. No sooner had he been thrown out of Neverland he found the girl with the acorn, who, coincidently, was the girl that he had been watching in the orb all this time.

After hours of try to negotiate with her father, though, he still refused to let her go back with him. They decided that if he wouldn’t let her go, then they would just have to run away.

Molly had slipped a sleeping pill into her father’s sandwich at dinner that night and now as he lay asleep on the couch in the living room, drooling all over a pillow, Peter sat on Molly’s bed as she packed a few things into a small back-pack.

“What are you smiling at?” Molly asked, breaking his thoughts. He looked at her with eyebrows raised as if asking, ‘Are you talking to me?’

“You were just randomly smiling,” she explained as she put a small book into her bag, “so I asked what you were smiling at.”

“I’m just happy that the boys will finally have a mother. What are these trousers made of? They are extremely uncomfortable.”

“They’re jeans,” she chuckled, “What year were you born?”

“I don’t remember. But I do remember that I’m around the age of one hundred and twenty…maybe one hundred and twenty-two.”

Her mouth gaped a little, “How old were you when you went to Neverland?”

“I don’t remember. But we look like we are around the same age so I must’ve been how old you are.”

“Fifteen?”

“Ok”

She walked out of the room and went into her small bathroom. She put a hairbrush and a few hair ties into the bag along with some deodorant and her toothbrush. When she walked back into the room, she found Peter holding her camera in his hands, he sniffed it curiously.

“What are the boys like?” she asked.

“Oh, they’re a funny little group.”  He said as he continued to examine the camera, “Curly can be quite rude and sarcastic sometimes, but he’s really a good kid. Copper is very brave, Tiny is the smartest of the group, besides me, Sachet is the leader when I’m not around, and Dodo, well, he has a tendency of being a blockhead.”

“What do you mean, by a blockhead?”

“He’s not very smart.” he said as his eyebrows started to knit together. He was getting frustrated with the camera.

“Here,” she said taking the camera from him and sitting down on the bed by his side, “You just press this button and it turns on,” she pressed the power button, “Then you point it at whatever you want to take a picture of and,” she clicked the button to take the picture and a picture of her closet showed up on the screen, “Presto, you’ve taken a picture.”

He still looked confused, “This is a camera?”

“Yes”

“No, I remember cameras, this is not a camera.”

“Cameras have come a long way since a hundred years ago.”

He bit the corner of his lip slightly, then stood up, “Are you ready to leave?” he asked as he put his hands on his hips.

“I just need to write my dad a note to make sure that he doesn’t freak out when he wakes up.”

As she finished writing her good-bye letter she asked, “What’s Neverland like?”