:Chapter 25:

:Isabella:

I stood outside of Lucas's house waiting for Derik to get out of the bathroom. Lucas was getting dressed leaving me stranded outside in the cold weather. I had dropped by my house to change into my hunting clothes for the job. This consisted of leather pants, my leather fingerless gloves, a black shirt and my leather hunting jacket. This was the only occasions I wear a leather jacket. I usually wear my denim. I had that denim jacket for years.

Right at that moment Derik opened the door his hair slightly wet. "Showered." Derik told me as he looked at me a hint of a smile forming on his face. "Lucas is still getting dressed like the diva that the boy is." Derik said as he motioned me inside the house. I was carrying a small bag that had my pistols in it, along with a medium sized silver sword and my homemade stake. Lets just say one of my chairs were broken when I first moved here. I believe this job involves Forsaken and the Forsaken are a tricky species to deal with.

You can injure them with guns but it really doesn't faze them unless it is wooden bullets and are shot in the heart. Hunters usually use swords or stakes when dealing with the Forsaken, preferably swords depending on the strength and how long the vampire has been a Forsaken. You can tell by the appearance of the Forsaken and how long it has been. If it is new you can use a stake. Forsaken are usually bald and have long fangs and claws. 'I personally hate Forsaken. They are such a sad excuse of a species.'

Yeah. They were. Demons laughed at Forsaken and their tactics. Even rogues were more planed out then Forsaken. Forsaken lost themselves to the bloodlust so much they stop being able to think correctly. All they think about is blood, Forsaken are very dangerous and even vampires will kill them themselves. Forsaken had a chance of exposing the species.

"So we are dealing with some Forsaken right?" I asked wanting to make sure I didn't misread the text message. "Yeah. The local vampire coven discovered a base of Forsaken and believe that us hunters should take them down." Derik said before closing the door behind us. "Well I brought my pistols, my sword, and a stake." I said. "Made from your chair leg?" Derik asked a hint of a smirk crawling up on the mischievous werewolf's face.

Derik was a hunter but also a werewolf. Dalton had assumed the amnesia had effected when he would shift and deemed him a late bloomer. Derik first shifted during the fight against Gavial to save my ass and Dalton's. That was almost a year ago. Woah. Time flies. "Can you believe we have been in Greenburg for a year?" I asked Derik as we seated ourselves on Lucas's cheetah print couch. "I know. Time flies by. Remember when Dalton thought we were dating." Derik said with a smile. 'The look on the kids poor face.' Satan had a smirk on his face while we remembered how Dalton looked when Derik showed up after the hellhound had attacked a rogue and hung him up in my living room.

I get the chills when I go over there. I also sold that sofa and replaced it with new leather loveseat. Caesar and Sandy loved it so Ryne and Enyr had the job of rolling off fur from it. Aries was careful on what he got on. I looked up to see Lucas walking down the stairs, him too holding a bag. Or weapons were stored into bags until we got to the zone so no one would question why there was three people walking with weapons. I was the youngest of them all. I was sixteen, Derik was seventeen, and Lucas was I believe with nineteen or twenty. He was around my brothers age that's all I know.

Lucas never answers the How-Old-Are-You questions when Derik and I pester him. 'If only we were telepathic.' I agreed with Satan there. But I was a vessel to the king of hell so I wouldn't get too greedy. "Ok so the Forsaken are near this cave which I have the coordinates to it in the GPS." Lucas said coming towards us. I nodded feeling like I was the smallest here which I was. Derik was tall and Lucas was average. Hey, at least I wasn't 4"11 anymore. I am now 5"2. Maybe I will get taller my brothers are tallish. 'I am tall. 6"2. Taller than your little wolf boy. Makes me intimidating in the demon world.'