1.

Lights flashed, sirens screamed. Smoke plumed in the air. The sounds of desperate crying filled his ears. A shout, an explosion. 

And then... All was dark.

~*~

Edd gasped and sat up. Blinking rapidly, he stared around his room. His heart was beating erratically and hot tears pooled in his eyes. Memories from that day filled his head.

   Quickly, he wiped his face with his sleeve. He sniffed and climbed out of bed. He paused in front of the door. As he reached out toward the door knob, he plastered a smile on his face.

An extra big one to shield his building inner turmoil. 

He walked out. "Who wants bacon?!" He called through his empty apartment. As his voice echoed back to him, his illusion of happiness faded. "Oh, right..." 

He rubbed his arm solemnly and wandered around until he reached the living room. Edd sighed and flopped onto the couch. The corner of his mouth twitched slightly. He looked down at his hands.

"You want cola, Tord?" He whispered. "What, no. Where's the bacon?" A vaguely remembered voice whispered back. Edd shivered as he switched between his voice and imitating Tord's Norwegian accent. 

Suddenly, two identical knocks sounded at the door. 

Edd was relieved at the interruption.

"I got it!" 

He jumped up and practically flew to the door.

But the person who stood before him was not who he expected. 

"Hello, Edward."