17. (H!E Bomb P.1)

Edd had been lying in that lab for hours, waiting for something to happen, when suddenly, he felt a niggling in the back of his mind. A burst of excitement filled his chest. It was back.

"Hello, Edd! Didja miss me?"

Edd nodded as fast as he physically could. Without the voice, his head had been so silent; empty.

"Where were you?!" He asked desperately.

"I had some business to take care of back in my... country."

Edd smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're back! Being alone like that was scary..."

"Oh, I know, Eddie," The voice cooed in a comforting tone, "Just what would you do without me?"

-----------------------
Tord sighed, looking up at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. He thought of his friend, laying there, helpless as Tord conducted experiments on him. A smile slowly crept onto his face as he thought of the many serums he had that were just waiting to be injected into the next victim-
Tord shook his head, now frowning. He needed to get it together.

He was not in the Red Army any more.

Edd was not a prisoner turned test subject.

He turned swiftly, glancing at his watch as he exited the room.

Tord picked up a clipboard lying on the table and marked

Experiment Start: 9:30 am

~*~

Edd looked up when the door of the lab finally slid open and the light turned on. Squinting at the sudden brightness, he could just make out the silhouette of a man.

"Don't freak out or anything, Edward..." this man sounded very familiar. "I just want to help."

Finally, Edd's eyes adjusted to the light and a gasp escaped his lips. "T-Tord? Why are you here? Where is here? What's going on?"

"Didn't I just say not to freak out?" The Norwegian tsked, strolling over to one of the many blinking machines. "But if you must know; you're in my lab, I basically live here, and I'm going to exorcise a demon from your soul." Tord said as he flipped switches and pressed buttons.

Edd watched, confused, as a screen turn on next to his operation table, and Tord came over with a bunch of wires that scientists in movies hooked up to their patient's head to read brainwaves or whatever.

"Hold still," the communist muttered as he stuck two wires to Edd's temples. He removed the Brit's shirt and stuck five more wires to his chest. Edd flushed at the sudden undressing as Tord took off his hospital garments.

Tord turned to look at the screen, nodding in satisfaction as Edd's vitals appeared. But he narrowed his eyes at the frequent blips in his brainwaves.

Ah. So that's where it's hiding.

//the conclusion of this chapter was iffy. Sorry-//