20. (H!E Bomb P.4, Final)

//thank you to Robin_Akemi for making fanart of my story!~ I love it//

Tom's eyes reluctantly opened when the sounds of glass breaking interrupted his slumber.

As the tendrils of his dreams faded away, he realized the crash came from the kitchen. Leaping up from the couch in sudden alarm, he tip-toed silently to the entrance. He peaked around the corner and sighed in relief.

"Matt? What... are you doing?"

The ginger was crouched on the floor, facing away from Tom.

"Damn," he hissed under his breath before turning to look at Tom, "I dropped a cup." His green eyes were watery with unshed tears of frustration, and the dark bags under them were very noticeable. And as Tom gave Matt a once-over, he noticed the blood leaking from his hands.

"Matt..." Tom sighed, pulling the ginger up. "I'll finish it. You just sit there." He gestured to the counter. Matt nodded mutely, watching as Tom swept up the glass shards and dumped them in the trash.

The drunk turned around and gestured for Matt to hold out his hands. Matt winced as he opened them gingerly.

Tom sighed again and grabbed Matt's wrists. "C'mon," he muttered, and led him to the bathroom.

Tom opened the medicine cabinet and reached for the tweezers. Turning, he opened Matt's hands back up and plucked the glass shards from his palms and fingers.

"Tsk. You're as dimwitted as ever, huh?"

Matt opened his mouth in objection, "Am not- Ow!"

Tom laughed wickedly as he pulled out a particularly large piece of glass. "This is what happens when you're dumb enough to think picking up glass with your bare hands is a good idea!"

Matt stuck out his tongue at him, eyes brightening.

Tom shook his head, smiling, "Let's get this bandaged."

When Matt's wounds were taken care of, he and Tom curled up on the couch together.

"Wanna watch The Children? I heard there was a new episode."

Matt nodded and snuggled into the 'eyeless' man's side.

Maybe... maybe things were getting better.

//unedited//