15.

//this was short and late and I'm so sorry about how terrible it is. I'm not used to writing sneaky scenes//

It was dark when they put the plan into action. They drove around back, preparing for a quick escape.

"Pau."

"Yes, sir."

"Are the tranquilizers ready?"

"Yep."

They had fallen into their usual mission patterns. Pat was the getaway driver, Pau was the weapons handler, and of course, Tord slid into his leader position with natural ease.

Tord slipped out of the van and crept up to the door, motioning for Pau to follow, he silently pushed it open. The hallway was silent aside from the occasional cries from the patients and they made their way to SC. It was almost too easy; they had made it to Edd's cell in no time. Pau reached into his pockets, rummaging around for his lock-pick.

A series of clicks were heard and the door swung open to reveal...

An empty cell.

Pau's eyes widened and he looked at the room number written on his hand. The ink smudges made it look like cell 288, but upon closer inspection, it was 283.

The brunette smiled sheepishly up at Tord, who facepalmed before smacking him on his head.

Grumbling under their breath, they continued down the hall until reaching Edd's actual room.

Finally opening the door, they were shocked at what they found.

The black substance was all over the walls and floors, smeared into weird patterns and symbols. And in the far corner, Edd was curled into a ball, yanking at his hair and muttering to himself. His eyes were wide and crazed.

Tord felt a pang of sadness in his chest as he signaled for Pau to tranquilize him.

~○●○~

Tom woke up to the obnoxious ringing of his phone.

Sighing, he answered it.

"Hello?"

...

"What do you mean, 'kidnapped'?!"

...

"So basically, you let some weirdo sneak in and take my friend. You'll be lucky if you wake up tomorrow with all your limbs attached."

He hung up and pulled on his hoodie.

"Matt!" He called to the man who has had been sleeping on his couch.

"Huh?"

"Edd's missing." He quickly went on as he noticed the ginger about to cry. "Don't worry. We're gonna go look for him. He won't be too hard to find." He attempted a reassuring smile.

Matt just nodded grimly, standing and grabbing the sleeve of Tom's hoodie. Tom let him, knowing that his friend needed the physical reassurance.

"Edd will be fine." Tom said, and they headed out the door.