13.

Edd swung around as the alarm went off. His eyes were wide with panic. Flashbacks of that day threatened to flood his senses.

The anguished cries of Eduardo as he realized it was too late for Jon. The angry screams of both Matt and Tom when they registered Tord's treachery .

The crushing betrayal.

And... and then Tord was dead.  

He was dead and gone.

Gone, gone, gone, dead and gone. Dead, he was supposed to be dead. He was dead. He is. He is he is he is.

Edd's eyes rolled into the back of his head and violent shudders wracked his body.

The black ooze was back with a vengeance. It poured from his eyes and mouth by the gallon, staining his formerly white hospital clothes.

The voice was displeased by the relapse. Very displeased.

It forced the goo out mercilessly, not giving Edd any time to breathe. The man swayed and slumped backwards into a very stunned Tom. Matt started screaming. It had looked like his friend was on the verge of being completely healed, and that knowledge had been ripped away again. The small moment of comfort had gone so suddenly, it physically hurt the ginger.

Tord, on the other hand, was frozen in shock. He hadn't seen a case like this in ages.

Such a large amount of negative energy seemed to  seep from Edd's pores. And whatever demon that was feeding off of it...

Well, Tord thought to himself, getting rid of it certainly won't be easy, to put it simply.

Evidentally, the nurses had heard the commotion, and when they saw the state of the former friend group, they immediately told them to leave. One of them had called Edd's specialist, taking the unconscious man into her arms.

Matt's screaming had been reduced to heavy sobbing as he tugged roughly on fistfulls of his own hair.

Snapping out of his dazed state, Tom gently pried the ginger's fingers away, and quietly ushered him away from the room, murmuring reassurances.

Tord frowned at the scene behind him one last time before following the others.

There was one thing he knew for sure.

He would be back.

//um... hi? Crazy chapter, amiright? Ehehe...

Who am I kidding? Y'all are mad cuz I haven't updated in over a month. Writer's block is a bitch, though. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it//