11.

After a small argument between Tom and Tord, all three men walked through the asylum's halls towards Edd's room. Tom and Tord completely ignored each other the entire walk, whilst Matt glanced back and forth between the two, anxiety welling in his chest. 

Deep down, Matt was insanely worried that the two former friends would start a fight in front of Edd. And Edd, with his fragile state of mind, might completely and utterly shatter.
Matt didn't want that to happen. He wanted Edd to be okay, because if Edd was okay, then Tom was okay. And if both of them were okay, Matt could go back to his former state of blissful cluelessness. All three of them could just pretend this never happened... but then Tord made an appearance.

Matt couldn't see any possible way that this could go well. After all, the Robot incident is what hurt Edd, right? Tom said that that was the reason. And since it was Tord who initiated the incident, then that loops around to Edd's being in a mental hospital Tord's fault.

Tord shouldn't have came back, was Matt's eventual conclusion.

He should've stayed away so Edd could heal.

......

But that wasn't fair.
Tord was Edd's friend, too. He has just as much right to be here as Tom and him.

Or did he?

Matt stopped in his tracks for a few seconds. He was so confused.

Logical thinking and problem solving were definitely not his strong suits.

He sighed and shook his head before continuing walking after the two other men. Why should he worry about it? No one expected him to, after all.

Because what more is Matt than comic relief.

//this chapter was more filler than anything, I apologize. I just really love writing Matt's POV in this story for some reason//