7.

It's been a week since Edd had been admitted into the asylum. The white jackets had been watching him with growing concern as he repeatedly tried harming himself and the doctors.

Strangly, the psychotic episodes only occurred when the black substance appeared. Any other time Edd seemed to be normal. Well, as normal as someone who was going insane could be. He murmured to himself, talked to people who weren't there. He'd called out the names of his friends in sleep several times, and on occasion he called out a person's name that seemed to have no record of existing. At least no legal record.

"Who the hell is 'Tord' anyway?" A newer doctor, a man with black hair, spoke up one day during his shift.

His older partner have him a sideways glance. "No idea. We've looked him up countless times but.. I'm afraid he's just a character made up by a mentally unstable 20 something year old." She chuckled drily.

The man frowned. He had his doubts. "Perhaps..."

His partner turned and headed down the hall. "Come along, Jason. Let's go see if we can identify that ooze."

'Jason' nodded and followed her, casting one last glance at the patient in the white-padded room.

~*~

Edd was stuck in the confines of his own mind. But this time, he couldn't feel his body moving without his commands. Whatever it was that controlled him must be dormant or something. What a relief.

He sighed, relaxing. Maybe he was getting better?

Maybe the intense medication they had him on was actually doing something.

Good. Because the sooner he could get out of here, the sooner he could reassure his friends.

He was healing.

"How much more stupid could you possibly get?"

//*SCREAMING* IT'S BACK//