5.

Matt's foot tapped anxiously on the tiled floor of the hospital.
He and Tom had taken Edd to the ER about two hours ago.

Tom hadn't stopped pacing in all that time.

Thoughts ran together in the ginger's head. It had been ages since he had spent this long on a single train of thought.

He wondered what had happened to make Edd like this. The oozing stuff, not the depression.
Edd had been trying to disguise his decreasing mental health, but Matt had seen through it.
Tom must've fell for it, though. Tom had been convincing himself that everything was perfect.

That nothing was wrong.

That things would immediately and indefinitely go back to normal.

"And being the idiot I am, I went along with it." Matt hissed silently to himself.

And now Edd was suffering even more.

Matt sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Tom?" His voice sounded scared and small in the emptiness of the waiting room.

Tom stopped his pacing to look at the purple and green male.

"Yeah?" His voice cracked, he cleared his throat, "What?"

"D'you, um... d'you think Edd's gonna be okay?"

Tom's frown deepened. "I don't know, Matt."

Matt nodded and looked down, fiddling with his hands. "I hope so..."

Tom went back to his pacing.

//I actually have ideas for the next chapter, so please don't get mad at the shortness//