4. This is so scary!

Samiha's P.O.V

Wow. What a pleasure to meet my ex-classmates, note the sarcasm. Although they were in my class, I could never tell them apart. Either way, I barely talked to boys, since I always lowered my gaze. These boys on the other hand, I knew from the past, we're extremely different. They didn't really talk to girls, as I knew they did have some Islamic values instilled in them, but that didn't stop them from openly looking at the girls. And I noticed, they both kept giving Samaah and I once overs. I didn't look at them but I could certainly feel their eyes on me.

The funny thing is, my sister and I are both here and the twins are also here, but we have no idea which boy is meant for me and which one is meant for Samaah. I noticed dad and Mr. Hamid chatting away about some industrial mumbo jumbo, and Asif and Arif both grumpily looking at the carpet, so I took this moment to tug Saamih's sleeve. He immediately looked at me and I pulled his arm to bring him closer.

"Bro, which one is meant for me and which one is meant for Samaah?" I asked.

"Wait, let me ask them," he replied.

Saamih cleared his throat and Mr. Hamid and dad immediately looked at him.

"Mr. Hamid, dad. I just want to clarify something on behalf of both my sisters and Asif and Arif. I'm sure they are all wondering the same. Who is for Samaah and who is for Samiha? I'm sorry, I couldn't put it in a more discreet way," Saamih asked. Samaah and the twins' heads all snapped in Saamih's direction, and all four of us nodded in agreement.

The two dads laughed and looked at one  another.

"We'll let you guys decide," Mr. Hamid said.

Oh no. They made things very awkward here. None of us even wanted to get married so how would we decide for ourselves? This was so not right.

"Dad, I'm sorry. But this won't work. We can't possibly decide just like that. It would be better if you chose for us," Asif spoke up. I knew it was Asif because he was sitting next to Mr. Hamid, and Arif was sitting next to dad.

"Yes, dad. Asif is right. We can't. We dont even know these girls, so how can we randomly just pick one?" Arif said.

Mr. Hamid looked at both of us sisters and we both nodded, in agreement with the twins.

"Alright, this just became complicated. You guys don't really know each other, so before it is decided who is meant for whom, the four of you and Saamih should all go and discuss some things about yourself. Then each of you will individually tell your respective parent discreetly, who you prefer. Then we'll accordingly decide for you. Sounds good?" Mr. Hamid asked.

I wanted to say no. It didn't sound good at all. Samaah's face also gave off the uncertainty and I was sure the boys too, were not very sure about this idea. Yet we all nodded, just to make matters easy and get this over and done with. I suddenly remembered, no one could force me to marry these boys. No one had any control over whether I wanted to marry or not, except Allah. So I had agreed to this for the sake of my dad. I couldn't see dad struggle. In spite of my anger, I still gave into what dad wanted because I sure did owe him that much, for all he had done for me. However, I couldn't possibly agree to this if this wasn't the right thing. I had in mind to perform istikhara tonight before giving off my decision. Samaah would also do the same.