Epilogue

1 year later

Samaah's P.O.V

"Calm down! Keep reciting the du'ahs, Samiha! Calm down, we're getting there! Calm down, sis! You'll get through it In sha Allah! Remember, Allah is with the patient and He doesn't burden a soul beyond what it can bear!" I said, trying to calm Samiha down.

I was driving Samiha to the hospital, and she gripped on the door handle of the passenger seat, moaning in pain.

If you still haven't figured it out, Samiha was in labour. She was having her contractions, and since Asif was at work, I was the one driving her to the hospital, although everyone had been informed that her labour had started, and they'd be getting to the hospital too.

"Sama...Samaah...how...long...before we...get to...the...the hospital?" Samiha gasped breathlessly.

"Relax, we'll be there in five," I told her comfortingly.

I had already informed the hospital, so as soon as we got there, Samiha was put on a stretcher and they rushed her off to the delivery room in the maternity wing. I stayed with her at every moment. While she was still in labour, Asif, Arif, dad and my father-in-law all arrived together from work, while mum, my mother-in-law, Saamih and Asiyah still hadn't come. As soon as Asif got inside the delivery room and sat next to her, she grabbed his forearm squeezed it with force. I held back a smile when his face contorted due to the pressure. While dad, my father-in-law and Arif were outside, the mid-wives, female obstetrician, Samiha, Asif and I were all inside. I couldn't leave Samiha because she had gripped my arm also with her other hand.

After more than an hour of struggling, we finally heard the cry of a newborn.

"It's a girl!" The mid-wife exclaimed.

"Alhamdulillah!" Asif and I said simultaneously. I looked at Samiha and her eyes were closed, and she had beads of sweat on her forehead. I knew she was awake, but exhausted.

Just as the mid-wife had finished washing the baby girl, Asiyah, mum and my mother-in-law burst into the delivery room.

"It's a girl!" I yelled excitedly to them.

"Alhamdulillah!" They all said.

The mid-wife then handed the baby girl to me. I was the first one from the family to hold my little niece and my heart swelled with pride to be holding this little bundle of joy! As I held her, the mid-wife cut the umbilical cord and then wrapped her in a little towel. Samiha then opened her eyes, and Asif made her put on her hijab.

"You did it, Samiha! We got a daughter!" He told her softly and I could see the amount of love with which they looked at each other. I then handed my little niece to her mummy and both Asif and Samiha just stared wordlessly at their little daughter.

After making sure that Samiha was fully covered, I called over dad, my father-in-law, Arif and Saamih to come inside, and they entered. Arif was carrying our own 3-month old daughter Humayrah whom I had left with my mother-in-law when I rushed out with Samiha. I assumed my mother-in-law gave her to Arif before she entered the delivery room.

As everyone gushed over Samiha's newborn baby, I decided to leave the place with Arif. I held him by his arm and we both left the delivery room and went to the waiting area. Arif immediately kissed my cheek, and I caressed the side of his face with my hand, before taking Humayrah from him.

"Aww, my baby jusht got a wittle cousin shishter! Ish my baby happy?" I cooed, as I lightly pinched my daughter's cheeks.

"Alhamdulillah! I have a niece!" Arif said. "For the first time!" Aliyah had also delivered but she got a son while Samiha and I both got daughters. As for Asiyah, she was four months into her pregnancy.