20. All this was because of him.

Samiha's P.O.V

Samaah got back home after her outing to wherever she had gone, and as soon as she came, she burst into my room knowing that I'll be alone, as usual. She came and sat on my bed.

"Sis, we need to talk," she said as soon as she sat.

These four words, namely we need to talk are the most dreadful words to me. The last time those exact four words were said to me, I was told that I had to get married because of a financial problem. And now, my sister is saying those words to me again.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked, the feeling of dread not leaving the pit of my stomach.

"You didn't tell me about the deal Saamih made with you. Why?" She asked me.

"Oh, so you had gone out with Saamih?" I replied, attempting to avoid the topic.

"Samiha don't change the topic. Yes I had gone with him. It is normally you who tells me off for trying to avoid the subjects I would not want to discuss and you tell me off for avoiding things and not dealing with them. But look at you right now! Saamih told me that he said if you don't speak to Asif and try to improve your relationship with him, he is going to tell dad!" She told me.

"But I don't want to talk to Asif!" I said, stubbornly.

"Then what is the difference between you and him? None of you want to cooperate! At least with him being him, one would expect you to be the sensible one and try to improve your relationship! Don't you understand that you're married?" She told me.

"You're one to talk! The only reason why you and Arif somewhat talk these days is because he initiated it, or you would have never talked to him either!" I retorted.

"Yeah, but now that we've established that, can't you just let go of your pride and talk to Asif?" She said, and immediately seemed to regret the words once they were out of her mouth. She just added the spark that was needed to ignite the fire. And now, I lost it.

"Oh yeah? You call it pride? Well, be thankful Samaah that you ended up with the better one from the brothers. That too, thanks to me! In spite of me not liking anything about Asif, I put you before me and said that you should marry Arif and I'll take Asif. Why? Because I wanted you to be happy. I wanted you to have the guy whom you would have something to like about. And what do you think, that Arif accidently overheard mine and mum's conversation? You're wrong. I saw him outside mum's room, and that's when I purposely mentioned it to mum that you liked archery. All so that I could get him to talk to you, and it worked. Well forgive me for not having a husband who at least has a little sense unlike his brother, who is a little better than him!" I let it all out. I was fuming! For the first time in three months, I lost my temper. Because of her. I felt pathetic. "You know what, Samaah? I don't want to talk to you. Just go, leave my room," I said with an air of finality. She knew me well enough to know not to apologise to me there and then, because she knew I needed time to cool off before she could say sorry.

She did as I told her and left my room. I was unable to control the tears that streamed down my face. I felt horrible for yelling at her like that. All she did was just remind me of my deal with Saamih!

■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■●■

Samaah's P.O.V

I left Samiha's room and I couldn't help bursting into tears. My sister, the one who was a lot unhappier than I was, was the reason behind why Arif even spoke to me. How could I do this to her? If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be talking to him at all. I then realised how bad it was for her to be married to Asif. Even if Arif wouldn't have started talking to me properly, at least he talked to me on our wedding night, even if it was just him snapping at me. And at least I used to wake him up for Fajr, something that a spouse would do. But her and Asif? They literally lived like strangers who hated each other's faces, and they didn't even talk! As if things weren't bad enough with her husband, I just made things worse and fought with her.

Samiha and I had fought a lot, but those were the typical sibling fights. Never had we ever had a falling out like this. And it was all my fault. I had no idea whether she would forgive me or not. I had no idea what to do. I ran off to my room, seeing Asif walking towards his own room. Just the sight of him made me even more upset. All this was because of him. My sister was unhappy because of him. I fought with my sister because of him! And now, I took it upon myself to make him talk to her the way she made Arif talk to me.

When I entered my room, I was relieved to see that Arif wasn't there. I wasn't surprised because it wasn't like he spent much time there anyway. I took of my abaya and hijaab, prayed Isha and went to straight to sleep, not even waiting to reply to the messages that my phone had beeped with.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

The sisters fought because of Asif. This guy is a hopeless brat. Anyway, read on to see what happens.