11. Aren't they right?

Samiha's P.O.V

Not a single soul, except for Mr and Mrs Hamid,  their children, my parents, my siblings and I, knew about this arrangement - the reason as to why Samaah and I are getting married to the twins. And we would like to keep it that way. So when mum, Samaah and I reached home, we were not expecting our aunts and uncles to be discussing this whole marriage thing. When we entered the house, they were so engrossed in their discussion that they didn't even notice our presence.

"Why would Habib want this to happen? I know those boys, Asif and Arif. They are useless. Samiha and Samaah are gems, and I can't believe why Habib would want to give them off to such boys. These two girls can get much better boys. Heck, even my own son Waheed would have been better for one of the girls," uncle Qassim, my dad's brother said. I grimaced, since I never looked at Waheed as anything more than a brother.

"I know it can't work out. Habib is literally signing a warrant of ruining his daughters' lives by fixing them up with those boys," my dad's sister Ruwaydah said. "Those boys are so spoilt, good-for-nothing and they don't even work. Allah forbid and something happens to Zakir, do they even have the ability of taking over his company? They don't even work there right now for crying out loud! How will they look after our girls? Marriage is not a joke, a wife becomes the responsibility of her husband," she finished.

"Look at my Layla, she is so happy with her husband. Assad takes care of her and they are both so similar. Samiha and Samaah are so different from those twins. I don't think things will work out" my uncle Fahd's wife, aunt Yusra said.

"You see, what I'm wondering is, why? Habib loves his daughters a lot and I'm sure he didn't just accept the proposal sent for his daughters, because he knows what those boys are like. Those boys are notorious. I'm sure there must be some strings attached with this proposal," Uncle Fahd said. Well, he's right, I thought.

"I didn't expect this from Habib. Just because maybe there is something else offered along with this alliance, he would just give his daughters away? It's like as if he wants to just get rid of them for something in exchange," some woman, supposedly one of our far relatives said. I didn't even recognise her. For some reason, that touched a nerve. I was agitated and I couldn't stop what happened next.

"Excuse me, Aunty. Don't you dare say such things about my father. He loves us very much, and we're his daughters. He can do whatever he wants for us. You have no right to judge him and what he does. So what if we're getting married to those boys? Does there have to be some reason? And what if there is a reason, is it a must for you all to know it? Uncle Fahd, uncle Qassim and aunt Ruwaydah, you are my dad's siblings, for crying out loud. How can you say such things about your own brother? My father  can do whatever he likes and you all have no right to question what he does!" I said, trying my best to keep my voice down. If I lost my temper in front of my whole family, there would be a lot of turmoil and I didn't want that. All the heads snapped to our direction. They didn't know we had heard everything. My mum's eyes were filled with tears. Samaah's fists were cleched, and as for myself, I was pissed. I had lost my temper but I was just trying not to shout at them.

"What's happening here?" A voice came from behind us and all the attention turned from me to the owner of the voice. I turned around to see Saamih and he didn't look very happy.

"I heard it all, as well," he whispered in my ear.

"When did you get here?" I whispered back.

"I've been here for some time now, I was just outside the house but I heard it all. I just stepped in right now," he replied.

"Saamih, just leave it, dear," mum said.

"Mum, this is our family and yet this is all they said. Couldn't they give their opinions to dad's face? Why speak behind his back?" He said.

"Saamih look, Samaah and Samiha are our nieces as much as they're Habib's daughters. We love them and care for them, and we don't feel this alliance is good for them," uncle Fahd said.

"Yes uncle, I see where you're coming from. But I'm sure you didn't need to say all that behind dad's back. You're his brother. Besides, dad knows what he's doing. Everyone knows how much he loves his girls so why would he do something for them without thinking it through?" Saamih said. "The girls are going to get married anyway now that the engagement is done. There is no going back, so it would be better for everyone to be happy and give them du'ahs so that they live happily after marriage. There is going to be a wedding soon and it would be better for all of us to be united. We don't want to have any conflicts in the family and that too, because of such an issue," he went on.

"Okay, look, son. We're all sorry for what we said. We love Samaah and Samiha and we just want the best for them. Arif and Asif are not good enough, we won't lie. But from now, we'll be happy and participate in the wedding without a single complaint," uncle Qassim said, and everyone else in the room murmured in agreement.

"Good. Now please, I don't want anyone to mention anything that happened here to dad. It will really hurt him and we don't want that. Let's close this chapter and pretend it never even happened," Saamih said.

Everything that happened here put a big dampener on my already bad mood, and I was just a little trigger away from snapping, so to prevent any problems, I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door, leaving Samaah downstairs with Saamih.

I know that I was hurt by what they said, because it was all against my dad. But wasn't all that they said true? Aren't they right? Maybe that is why it hurt even more, because I knew that what they said was all true. But I trusted Allah. And my love for dad was enough to know that he wouldn't have agreed to this offer if it wasn't the right thing for us. With all these thoughts swimming in my mind, and the reality of my engagement hitting me harder than ever, the unshed tears from the past week all fell out, and I cried myself to sleep.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

11 chapters are now out, and frankly, I'm done for the day. I'm not going to publish as much as initially until I have some sort motivation. And for now, I don't because I'm extremely disappointed. I barely have any reads and there is not even a single comment. I really wish people would give this story a chance.