7. Time for Istikhara.

Samiha's P.O.V

"Samiha! Samiha! Go serve dinner, right now!" Mum yelled from her bedroom.

"Ma why can't Samaah do it? I'm busy with something!" I replied, shouting from my own room, which I shared with Samaah. I was busy with some research regarding some medicines that were banned in a few countries. I needed to come up with a whole case study of these medicines so that the pharmacy for which I worked would stop selling them. Each of my fellow colleagues had this same assignment and our argument had to be strong enough for the betterment of the public who buy from us.

"Samaah did that yesterday. She's on dishwashing duty today!" Mum answered.

I groaned and shut my laptop, making my way downstairs to the kitchen. Now that I looked at our teeny tiny house, it felt overly small and congested compared to that humungous mansion. The thought of their house reminded me of the boys and the whole marriage deal thing and that just made me clench my fists. I grumbled to myself as I set the table, and Saamih came back home from work at that moment. He have me an odd look and dumped himself on the couch.

"Why are you talking to yourself, Granny Grumps?" He asked.

"Saamih, zip your oh-so-funny mouth or I'll stick this inside it!" I snapped at him, pointing at a kitchen knife.

"Now now, this is no way to talk your big brother, little sis. And remember, murder is haraam!" He teased, getting up from the couch.

"Saamih, I'm in no mood for your silly jokes. Go and bug Samaah. First off, I've some massive assignment that I've not done and it's due tomorrow, and secondly, that marriage thing requires an answer from us in like 2 days or so," I replied.

"Why on earth do you have an assignment? You work in a pharmacy for goodness sake. You are working, not studying anymore," he said.

I shrugged. "Ask my boss, he'll have an answer for you," I replied. Saamih just laughed at my misery, being the typical brother he was, and walked away, probably to disturb Samaah.

"Saamih get out of here!" I heard Samaah's voice from upstairs. Yep, I was right, alright. That made me laugh and cheered me up a little. I could hear the two of them bickering upstairs and just giggled at their childishness. Saamih and Samaah got along very well, because they both seemed to have a twisted sense of humour, with their silly inside jokes that made sense to no one, probably not even themselves, but they still laughed like maniacs at them anyway, being the children they were. I loved my siblings, and the one thing that made me happy about this whole deal is that if I get married, atleast Samaah and I would end up in the same house and that way, we won't be separated. I'm pretty sure if we were to get married to anyone else, they wouldn't be brothers.

"Dinner is ready!" I called and heard a series of 'okays' and 'comings'.

Mum and Dad came down followed by Samaah and Saamih. Mum was the one who cooked, and she had made pepper steak and mashed potato.

We all sat down at the table and started eating. Saamih started serving mashed potatoes and the steak.

"Saamih, Saamih, mashed potato!" Samaah said, and burst out laughing and Saamih joined her. They started laughing like crazy, while mum, dad and I just stared at them. What was so funny about mashed potato now? Their silly inside jokes had started. As we ate, they continued laughing at stupid things and I just rolled my eyes at their stupidity.