9. Here we go.

Samiha's P.O.V

"Girls, get down. I need you to prepare tea and get the snacks. Right away," mum called us as we were leaving the room.

"When will they come?" I asked her.

"In around half an hour or so. Just make 8 cups of tea, and there was that cake baked by Samaah yesterday morning so cut some slices and put them in plates. If you go to the store room, there are biscuits and potato crisps. Put those in plates also. One of you, fry some of those frozen spring rolls and samosas. Come on, chop chop!" Mum ordered.

Samaah set to making the tea and frying the spring rolls and samosas while I did the setting up and serving the snacks. I cleaned up the living room and made it look presentable, kicking Saamih's old slippers under the couch where they wouldn't be seen. As I stood back to check my work, I noticed Saamih's pile of clothes from the laundry in the little space under the coffee table. What does this guy do, seriously? Who keeps clean clothes under the coffee table in the living room? I would never understand him. And if asked about his actions, he would just shrug and say he's too awesome to answer such questions. I guess he also needed a wife to fix him, the way Zakir Hamid thought his sons did.

After setting up everything, Samaah and I quietly ran back upstairs to our room before they came and rang the bell. Then about two minutes after that, the be actually rang.

"O.M.G they are here!" Samaah squealed.

"You seem pretty...excited, don't you?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"For once, I'm not denying anything and I'm being honest okay? I'm just nervous. Because this is going to seal the deal. Then there is no turning back.  We'll end up as married women. Married to men whom we don't want to marry and who don't want to marry us. So sue me if I get a little "excited" as you put it," she replied.

"Okay, okay, I get you," I said, holding up my hands.

We could hear the voices downstairs but not make out what they were saying. A couple of minutes later, mum's voice rang through the stairs.

"Girls, come down. Your mother-in-law to be wants to see you and hear your decision!" She called.

I grabbed Samaah's hand and we went downstairs. Mum and dad were both sitting on the couch opposite to Mr and Mrs Hamid. The two boys occupied another couch on the side. Oh no, I suddenly remembered Saamih wasn't here and suddenly felt uncomfortable. Saamih was the one who spoke up for us, whether it was asking or answering questions on our behalf. This meant we would have to communicate on our own.

Samaah and I both sat on chairs because all the couches were occupied. Our house was small, so that was expected.

"Have you girls decided? Who you want?" Mrs. Hamid asked us and we both nodded. "Tell us then," she said.

"Uh, Marwa. It's better if the boys tell us first who they prefer. Then the girls can say it. These two girls are very shy anyway," mum said. I heaved a sigh of relief and also noticed Samaah relax beside me.

"Right. Boys?" Their mother prompted.

"I chose Samiha," Asif spoke up.

"I choose Samaah," Arif followed.

Alhamdulillah, atleast their choices matched ours. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. No, I wasn't happy as such because I didn't want to get married to either of these bratty twins in the first place, but I was just relieved that atleast the one I picked for myself also picked me.