45. I will never break my promise to you.

Samaah's P.O.V

A whole week had passed since I got up from coma and Alhamdulillah, there was some progress with my memory. Initially, it used to get so frustrating that I would end up crying. But now, I was slowly beginning to recall some things. I was at my house, and in a way, I was glad because since I still don't remember getting married to Arif, staying in his house with him might have been a little overwhelming for me. I know that I have to go back eventually whether I'm able to recover my memory completely or not, but for the time being, I needed this space. Besides, if I remember the marriage soon enough, I'll go back to him right away.

Arif used to come to visit me everyday and for some reason, I really used to look forward to his daily visits. As for Samiha, she was still in coma, and that just added to my already existing misery.

I was sitting with Saamih in the living room while Asiyah was helping mum in the kitchen. No one would let me do any work, and whenever I tried to help with anything, I was shooed away.

"Samaah, look at this," Saamih said, showing me his phone. It was a video of a man who was trying to show off to a whole crowd gathered around him that he could jump over any obstacle, so he tried to jump over a dustbin, only to knock off it's lid and end up inside the bin. The video cracked me up and I laughed till tears rolled down my cheeks. Saamih and I, since childhood would always sit together and try to make each other laugh, whether it was by telling stories, performing hilarious stunts, or showing each other funny things.

"Let..me...show you...something now," I said, in between my laughs. I showed him a really hilarious video and he burst out laughing. We spent our whole evening laughing at funny videos and when we ran out of them on our phones, we ended up searching for more on YouTube.

After eating dinner and praying Isha, I went to sit with everyone, and they would start telling me stories of those previous four and a half years. As the doctor said, these stories wouldn't actually help in recovering my memories, but they did help in keeping me aware of what had happened in my life at that time. We all used to pray for my memory to recover as soon as possible, and Alhamdulillah, Allah the Almighty was accepting our du'ahs since I could recall quite a lot of things. The memories didn't come back in an orderly sequence though. For example, my university memories came back even before the memory of graduating my A levels. It was honestly so strange that I had completely forgotten the past five years of my life, but slowly, I was beginning to recall those memories here and there.

After everyone decided to go to bed, I headed to my room. I felt a horrible pang of disappointment that Arif hadn't come to visit me today. I suddenly got worried. Why hadn't he come to see me? Was everything okay? I had this sudden urge of calling him. I missed seeing him and I wanted to atleast hear his voice. I couldn't resist this urge and I immediately picked up my phone and dialled his number, holding the phone to my ear. He finally answered after what felt like forever.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hello, Arif! Finally! What took you so long to answer my call? And why didn't you come to see me today?" I spoke into the phone, unable to hide the concern in my voice.

"Wow! Someone seems to have missed me!" I heard him chuckle deeply.

I immediately blushed although I knew he couldn't see me.

"No I didn't. I was just worried!" I said, denying the fact that I did actually miss him.

"Right," he drawled, sarcastically. "If you were worried, it means you care for me, and if you care for me, it means you missed me! And by the way, I missed you too!"

I blushed even more furiously than before and my heart went on an overdrive. This guy was having such a strange effect on me! I couldn't even remember that I was married to him yet this is the influence he had on me!