32. That was close but Allah saved us.

Samiha's P.O.V

"Dad!" Both Samaah and I yelled, as we ran to hug him as soon as he stepped into my father-in-law's office.

"Ya Allah! My beautiful daughters! I've missed you so much!" He said, hugging us both tightly.

"How are you, dad?" I asked, after we pulled away from his hug.

"I'm good Alhamdulillah. How are my little girls?" He said, looking at us both affectionately.

"We are both fine, dad. Alhamdulillah. How's mum? And Saamih and Asiyah?" Samaah asked.

"They are all doing well. You know, the two of you should bother dropping by home sometime! It's only fair that your mother should get to see you! She has been remembering you so much!" Dad said.

"We decided to come over for the day tomorrow In sha Allah," I said.

"Great, I'll tell her then this evening. She'll be overjoyed!" He said.

"Dad, by the way, congratulations on your promotion," I said, suddenly remembering that he was now the managing director.

"Oh, it's all thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Hamid," he said, looking at them.

"Oh, no. It's the least we could do for you, Habib. Please don't thank us!" My father-in-law said.

"Do you girls just want to stay here or would you come to my office with me? Because there's some files that I need to go through. I'm still getting used to my new position as the M.D," dad asked.

"Of course we'll come," Samaah said. She then turned to our parents-in-law. "Mum, dad, I hope you don't mind us going with dad?"

"Of course we don't mind, darling. Go ahead, you need to catch up with your father! He hasn't seen you since your brother's wedding!" My mother-in-law said.

We followed dad into the elevator and went down to the 20th floor. We entered his office, which was also humungous, but nowhere near my father-in-law's. We sat down on the plush chairs that were there in his office and just talked to him about anything and everything. There really was so much to catch up with and it was great just seeing dad and being with him.

After spending about over an hour with dad, there was a knock on his door. His secretary, a young man who looked like he was in his twenties, entered the office with a huge stack of files in his arms. He placed them on dad's desk.

"Mr. Ashraf, we have some important clients who want to meet with the M.D. Actually, they were expecting the old M.D, Mr. Yan, but I told them that it's you in his position now. There's about eleven of them. Should I send them in?" He asked.

"Yes, Salman, do that," dad replied, and then turned to us. "Girls, there's going to be eleven people coming in here, so you will have to go out for a while. I'll give one of you a phone call when they leave so that you can come back, alright?"

We nodded and got up.

"See you, dad," I said, as we left his office. The group of people all filed into his office then.

"Where should we go, Samaah?" I asked, once we were in the corridor.

"Let's go to the lobby?" She suggested.