19| Grumpy Time

Chapter 19: Grumpy Time

Edited: 2/8/21

💙Zoe's P.O.V

"What did the cow say when it got kicked by a dog?" I asked, stiffling the laugh that was threatening to burst out of me.

Eliki gave me a look that could kill.

The wednesday sun shone brightly above us. It was lunch time and we were sitting at our usual spot, under the big oak tree.

The bruise on my back became a disgusting dark shade, contrasting against my pale and freckled back.

It didn't hurt that bad though, so I could bare with it and the use of ice pack really helped reduce its swelling.

I haven't seen him since yesterday until earlier morning. We had free period in homeroom since we were given a task to answer another questionnaire.

"I'm not answering that," Eliki deadpanned, shaking her head.

"Oh come on! It's so funny that you'd laugh! Promise!" I let on, grasping her elbow playfully.

"Z, you'd been saying that for the last fifteen minutes." Eli said, giving me a blank look.

"It's not my fault you don't get it." I grumbled, pouting.

"Really Zoe? Your jokes are so lame even my grandma could do better than you." Eliki said, a playful smile on her lips.

"You did not just go there," I faked gasped, laying a hand on my chest.

Elikie smirked,"Bitch I just did." She snapped her fingers in a Z motion making me pout.

She bursted out laughing, while I just continued to pout and munch on my chocolate bar.

"Why the pout babe?" I look up and was surprised to see Chica and Jax standing with trays of food in their hands.

Eliki ushered them to take a seat, settling down their food in front of them. Chica pushed her short hair back before grinning.

She turned to me,"Now, why were you pouting?" Chica wondered out.

"Oh ship, don't even ask her." Eliki said, a horrified look on her face.

A wide smile grew on my lips. Chica and Jax both look at each other noticing my expression and shrugged.

"What did the cow say when it got kicked by a dog?" I once again asked, my expression probably showing my eagerness for their answer.

"How can the dog even kick the cow when they aren't even the same height?" A male voice piped in, ruining my joke.

I glared at Tyrone's blank face. He stood infront of us, carrying two apples and proceeded to sit next to me.

They all bursted out laughing at the downfall of my joke.

"I wasn't asking you," I bit out, munching angrily.

Tyrone gave me an amused look,"Ask me then," He said, taking a bite from his apple.

I rolled my eyes,"Where were you yesterday? You seemed to disappear after homeroom." I asked, changing the topic.