Imagine Ubbe protecting you from your father - III

Words: 1680

  It went all so fast, the one moment you were sleeping, the next someone brutaly got you out of your sleep. 'Y/N, Aslaug wants to see you.' A viking warrior said, not giving you the change to get proparly dressed, not even the change to get fully awake in the first place. But you knew what this meant, it meant that somebody told Aslaug what your father did to Ubbe and just like you suspected you got torn up in it. But why by all the gods in the middle of the night? The viking pulled you out of the house, you didn't wore shoes, on naked feet you followed him throught the mud. Your father left you the night earlier, to drink again so the fact that he wasn't with you know suggested that he was still doing that. When you came in front of the great hall you saw Sigurd standing against the door, he gave you a sharp look, somewhere a grinn of mockery dragging behind that look. You looked inside, to your father sitting on his knees between two other men. They dragged you in, the mud left prints on the wooden floor while you walked in. Your hair was a mess, the cold wind slipped through your nightdress, making you shiver before they pushed you down aside your father. You looked to him, angry before you looked up to Aslaug who sat in her trone. Ubbe was nowhere to be found, Hvitserk neither, even Ivar wasn't present. Only she and Sigurd. What meant he had told her ... what meant that this visit here meant no good if it was in the middle of the night. Ubbe wouldn't know, Hvitserk wouldn't know and you grew scared for the things that could happen in the next few minutes.

Aslaug held the tension in the air. You looked aside to your father who looked rather unintrested, he was still drunk, you bet he didn't even know why he was here. 'Do you know why you are here?' It was like she readed your mind. You looked up to Aslaug and nodded. But she wasn't looking to you, her sharp eyes rested on you father and he only grunted like a pig. 'My son could have died.' Aslaug began. You wouldn't leave Ubbe if he was deadly injured, but the fact that none of his brothers panicked in the moment reassured you that he would just be alright. 'I told you to stay away from him.' She pointed her attention to you. You looked up and nodded slowly.
'I know.'
'Why do you disobay your queen?' She asked you. You saw Sigurd walk in the corner of your eyes, observing you intensly while he went to stood aside his mother.
'Because I love him.' It was already looking bad, you honesty wouldn't make it worser. Aslaug started laughing, looking aside to Sigurd who had a little grinn over his lips. Even your father started laughing with them, leaving you with the most uncomfortable feeling ever.
'Do you now how much woman Ubbe pleased before you?' She asked, her fingers rested on her lips to supress another smile. 'Why do you think he loves you?' He wanted to marry you, that had to count for something, right? But you didn't say that, you looked to the ground and focust on a spot in the wooden floor, not letting her words get impact on your personality. 'You mean nothing to him. You're just another girl crossing his path.' She said with some of a satisficing breath out. Her words touthed your incertainty. You still looked to that spot on the floor, trying not to let her in but failed. You felt something break in your heart. She was right, he had already so much woman, why would you be any different. You swallowed the knot in your throat and looked slowly back up to her, eyes blurry with tears.
'What do you want me to say?' You asked her softly. She pressed her lips together in a ferm line, looking to your father for a moment.
'I banish you out of Kattegat. If you set foot here again I will kill you. If you come in contact with my sons again, I will kill you. You have until daylight, if you are both still here by then I will kill you.' Aslaug laid the rules out. She wouldn't kill you ... yet. That was mercy in your eyes and you had to take it. If you would protest she would kill you. So you nodded and she smiled, a conquering smile, a satisfying one. You didn't say another word, tears ran from your face when you walked out with your father again. Her men stayed to make sure you would leave and you did. With hardly anything with you and a drunk father. The only true memory you had was the mark Ubbe left on your throat, and even that would fade in days. You touthed it, crying, while you walked in front of your father, looking for a new place to stay.

Weeks passed since than. Not living in a town again maked your father crazy. He was sometimes days away from the farm you stayed on. It wasn't that you mind, you were rather rid of him than to tolerate him around you. The farm was far uphigh north, it was colder, leaving you often alone shivering. But the most unbearable thing was the fact you had nothing. No people to talk to, no farm around. Expect for a goat and some chickens you had nothing. You were alone and you became distant. The sadness never leaved you. You thought if days would pass, weeks, that you would feel better but it never did. When you gazed over the mountains you tried to think about Kattegat, about Ubbe but nothing maked it any better. The only thing you did was keeping yourself and your father alive. It was hardly something. You went to the town on a days ride once a week to trade but even with the small things you could trade it wasn't enough to survive. You father wanted you to trade to man for silver or an extra goat, but everytime he got further with the idea you served him ale, enough to make him drunk enough to forget it. Maybe you should leave him, go somewhere else on your own. You were punished by his mistake, and it left a black hole behind.

It was somewhere more than two month now, you were glad with the little sun there was while you tried to dry the clothes you washed earlier. You clipped them on a line you maked between the farm and the nearest tree when you heared hoovesteps. 'I don't have,' You turned around and frooze in your movements.
'Y/n.'
'What are you doing here Ubbe?' You panicked, knowing the warning Aslaug send when you contacted one of her sons. He jumped from his horse, looking at your messy hair, slim build from the shortage of food, you were a mess and it was pretty obvious.
'I looked weeks for you.' He began, coming closer after he tied his horse to a fense.
'You can't be here, please go back.' You stepped back, hitting the wall of the house in fear, holding on to the dress you were just planning to hang and dry. You didn't wanted to die, you weren't that good a viking to embrace it. But he stayed put, standing there and watching you. You missed his face, you missed every bit of him since the day you left.
'My mother died, there is nothing stopping me from bringing you back home.' He announched. Aslaug died? Some kind of pain messed with his beautifull eyes in those words. But you didn't walked over to him, still to scared that his words maybe weren't true. In all that time you tried to contain your sadness, the loss, the heartbreak, your love for him. You couldn't get him bring you back to that so easily. 'Lagertha killed her, she is queen now. Hvitserk and Ivar are away and I hate Sigurd for what he did. You can come home again,' he tried to explain.
'She said you didn't love me, that I was just some of your other girls.' You began, thinking back of those poisonous words. Ubbe looked away from a moment, almost stunned that you said that after all the both of you went througt.
'She doesn't know how I feel. You can't let that consume you. I need you.' And those words. The dress slipped out of your hand while you ran over to him, wrapping your arms around his neck while the tears of happiness started running down. He wrapped his arms around you and it was the most warmest feeling you ever felt in last days.
'I missed you so hard.' You confessed against his neck. He pulled you back, cupping your face so you had a clear shot on his eyes, his lips, the lips you wanted to kiss again.

'I told myself every night that I would find you, that I would bring you home. Did I miss your beautyfull face.' He whispered before placing his lips on yours. You embraced his head and felt the salt taste of your tears in the taste of his lips. The warmth he spread to your body consumed all your other thoughts. 'Will you come back with me?' He asked, his forehead resting against yours. You stroke his face and nodded with a watery smile on your face. 'Will you marry me?' He asked.
'Yes Ubbe, I will marry you.' You answered, kissing him again wit hall the love you had before you embraced him tied again. 'There is nothing I would love more.' You whispered for yourself. He totaly got to you, he entirely embraced you with his carring passion, his loving voice, the heroric determination in his heart. He was yours, he would always be ...