Imagine being locked up with Ubbe

ONESHOT
Words: 3850

'Their camp?' You turned your head towards Ivar, a little confused. The both of you loved to talk battle statistics while looking over the bay Kattegat had. You played with the sand underneath your hands, studying his face.
'What is more valuable, the princess of a king who you can use as ransom or the kingdom you have taken?' He asked you right back. You frowned your eyebrows and looked back to the waves crashing over the beach.
'The princess I suppose.'
'Precisely. So if I lure that whole army into that kingdom to defeat us while we are already out and heading for the camp I can take the princess, which would give me a lot of gold and silver.' He tilted his head because he out smarted you again.
'But you lose your kingdom.' You pointed out.
'I can demand a lot in exchange for a princess.' He whispered mysteriously. You nodded slowly, looking aside you to his satisfying grin, pushing him in the sand because he won again. He chuckled, enjoying the only friend he had, you.
'Ivar.' You both turned your heads around to Ubbe. You lingered your eyes shortly on him before looking away, rolling them. You and Ubbe, did you like him ... yes, did you show it ... no. I some way you worked on each other's nerves more than Ivar and Sigurd did sometimes.
'What is it brother?' Ivar reacted, giving you a short glare. Ubbe stood still, you could see his feet in the corner of your eye but you restrained the urge to look up to him.
'Y/n, I always ask myself when the both you will marry.' Ubbe noticed. You turned around and looked up to that smirk laying around his mouth.
'You should speak, the eldest and still no woman at your side.' You fired right back. Now was it Ivar his time to roll his eyes as he let his upper body fell on his back in the sand.
'I'm the prince.'
'Saying what?' You reacted. You hated it when he said something like that, that he was the higher one, stood above you. Ivar was the prince of Kattegat to but around you he hardly showed any of that.
'You should open up that big mouth of yours a little less.' Ubbe spoke. A part of your temper came from hanging around with Ivar, he had a bad influence on you. You stood up in the sand and turned towards Ubbe.
'We will see how big that mouth of yours is when I beat you.'
'Please for the love of the gods.' Ivar interrupted your starting fight. You and Ubbe looked away from each other and down to Ivar. 'You're like little children.' He mocked. You bited your tongue and looked back up to Ubbe before you turned around and sat back down again.
'Mother needs you.' Ubbe only said before walking away. You wrapped your arms around you knees and looked stubborn to the water.
'You and Ubbe have some issues that need solving.' Ivar said when Ubbe was out of hearing distance.
'No we have not.'
'Come on Y/n, I'm maybe a cripple but not blind.' Now he pushed you aside. You groaned and got up, stroking the sand of your clothes.
'Go to your mother.' You pointed out, walking away over the beach.
'Yeah, ignore me.'
'I learned that from you.' You shouted back, ignoring his words indeed.

Being a young shield maiden in training and so close with Ivar you got the privilege to train with the Ragnarssons. You were walking through the forest to their usual training spot when you saw Ubbe standing against a tree, with a hump of breath in his hand. You admired that view for a moment, never resisting the sight of him. You slowly pulled an arrow out and placed it on your bow. You smiled a little, pulling it back and aiming for the spot right aside his head. The swift straight line it made was followed by the kick in the tree and Ubbe who startled so heavily that he just threw his piece of breath away. Well, that made your day. He turned around until he saw you and he titled his head, annoyed. 'Did you really have to do that?' He asked a little displeased.
'Didn't saw you standing.' You pointed while walking over the field. Hvitserk chuckled, always amused by the two of you fighting.
'You're annoying Y/n.'
'Come over here and say that again.' You challenged him. Ubbe pulled his sword in an instant, walking over to you to prove his point. You hardly couldn't resist a smile while you threw your bow and arrows down before grabbing your axe.
'Don't kill each other.' Ivar advised. You give him a short look before focusing on Ubbe. If you thought that you could handle the eldest Ragnarsson you were wrong. He was a more skilled fighter than you were and he wasn't planning on slowing down either. It took you a lot to fend him of in those few starting minutes. He grabbed your axe, pushed you out of balance while tackling your foot, causing you to fall on your back, him following, sitting with a knee on each side of your waist. He pushed his sword against your throat and looked at you. Your breathing was so heavy, you just looked at him.
'Stop it.' He warned you. He wasn't planning on going off of you and in a certain way the pressure felt good on your body.
'Why would I, it's fun.' You reacted, pulling up the corner of your mouth. He threw your axe in the grass and came from you. You turned on your stomach and looked over to Ivar who was studying the both of you with tilted head.
'I think you like each other.' He noticed.
'I rather die than submitting to him.' You pointed towards Ubbe. He turned around, frustrated.
'You have literary always an answer ready.' He sighed.
'I'm a woman, what did you expect.' You shrugged. Ubbe rolled his eyes and walked over to Sigurd who was sharpening his axe. Hvitserk and Ivar were talking over something and you just stood there. In so far training.

You stood before Aslaug when Hvitserk walked in, interrupted her speech ... for which you were glad. 'My brother needs you.' He announced without looking up. You turned around, frowning your eye brows.
'What does he need now?' You sighed. Being Ivar his best friend caused you to do more things for him than he did himself.
'I don't know, he is in the hunting cabin.'
'The hunting cabin?' You breathed out, like it was a year traveling to get there. 'How did he get there to begin with.' It wasn't close by, Ivar getting there all by himself would be a little strange. Hvitserk grabbed a cup and filled it, turning around while drinking.
'He only said he needs you.'
'And why don't you help him?' You asked, tilting your head.
'I have other things to do.' Hvitserk pointed to nowhere in particular. Aslaug sat frowned on her throne, looking between you and Hvitserk while she tried to understand the situation. But you didn't said anything else, you bowed for the queen and walked out towards the stables where you took a horse and got on. He walked out of the village on his own, like he knew where they were heading. You didn't hurried up, what Ivar needed couldn't be that important so you taunted him a little with it. When you arrived the door was open, you jumped of the horse and tied him up.
'If I came all the way here to help your cripple ass back home you should find yourself,' you stopped talked when you saw Ubbe standing. 'What are you doing here?' You asked confused. He lifted his hands in the air.
'Can ask you the same thing.' He fired right back.
'Hvitserk said his brother needed help.' While you thought back on it he never said it was about Ivar, he even didn't mention Ivar. You looked over Ubbe. 'Do you need help?' You asked still confused.
'Do I look like I need help?' He reacted.
'You are just two seconds together with each other and already almost fighting again. Imagine some days together.' Ivar said. You both turned around to him, he sat in the grass, Sigurd walked over to the door and closed it.
'What!' You reacted in first instinct. Ubbe walked to the door, trying to slam it open but it didn't work.
'Maybe you come out loving each other!' You heard Ivar chuckled.
'I hate you for this Boneless!' You yelled back. His laugh faded away and you kicked away a wooden chair while looking around. There was food, ale, water, everything to survive on except for some way to escape. You and Ubbe said nothing for an entire hour while you tried to get out of there ... without any luck. You sighed, dropping down on the bench.

You hardly said a thing against each other, Ubbe was still trying to get out when you saw some sunlight slipping through the crack, meaning it was late. You embraced your knees, letting your head work a way out of here. But the longer you thought the more tired you got, until you ended only gazing towards Ubbe. You followed his firm build body, the muscles in his arms while he tried to forced wood out of his place. 'Why are you looking?' He asked, turning around to you. You startled out of your staring at him and shook your head.
'Was thinking for a way out.' You only answered.
'By looking at me?' He asked. You looked up to him, sighing.
'Not everything turns around you Ubbe.' You murmured. You weren't really thinking of a way out, you were looking at him because he was nice to look at. But that was something that would never leave your lips to begin with. He didn't reply on that, he walked over to the table and filled two cups with ale. He offered you one of them. 'Are we drinking together now?' You laughed in your own misery.
'It is not likely Ivar will let us out any time soon so we better do something,' he felt silent when he sat down aside you. 'other than arguing.' He followed. You brought the cup to your lips and drank it empty in one movement. 'That thirsty?' He chuckled. You looked up aside you to the way he sat there before you shrugged.
'Want to forget all of this.' You reacted, rather stubborn. There was something in you that stopped him from entering to your soul. You defended yourself, not knowing if he liked you but certainly knowing you liked him. Thinking about your parents their story you wouldn't want to follow in their footsteps.
'Do you hate me that much?'
'No,' you stopped before saying to much. 'Maybe.' You murmured not far after, grabbing for the ale, pouring your cup full again, placing it in between the two of you. You looked into your own cup, thinking over and over and over again. You hated Ivar already for doing this, you would kick his ass when you got out of here.
'Who gets the bed?' He asked after a little silence. You looked to the bench you were sitting on, one blanket and nothing more than that.
'If you were a gentleman,' you looked up to him and he shook his head in disbelief.
'Technically, I'm the prince of Kattegat, you have to obey me.' He pointed out. You clenched your teeth together and didn't looked aside to him. He was right, but on the other side, there was nobody here to be witness of that.
'Will we play over it?' You asked, looking aside to him. He lowered his cup, narrowing his eyes.
'What game do you want to play Y/n?' He asked curious. You shrugged again, looking around in the hope you would find something to entertain yourselves with, but no luck.
'I will sleep on the ground.' You offered then.
'You can always lay aside me.'
'You are joking right?' You asked, looking back at him. He only smiled and you looked down to his lips before drinking again, not admitting to his charm. 'I will sleep on the ground.' You repeated yourself. And so be it, it was like Ubbe was testing you in that way. You made something to rest your head on but other than that there was nothing. And the cold that the nights offered weren't exactly welcoming. You hardly couldn't sleep, teeth shivering from the cold while he just got that steady breathing behind you. Maybe you should had taken that offer of sleeping aside him. It was somewhere around midnight when you felt his heavy furs covering your body. Sleeping went easier when you weren't cold but the night was to short. You squeezed your eyes together when some sunlight sparkled down on you from out of the cracks in the wood. You turned around, looking up to Ubbe who sat up on the bed, looking down on you. 'Why are you looking?' You asked with a raspy morning voice.
'Was thinking of a way out.' He repeated your exact words of yesterday. He smiled softly, tilting his head a little, still looking. You hide your head a little, not used that somebody was looking at you so early in the morning.
'Thank you.' You finally said, it was silent for a moment.
'Was that a sign of gratitude Y/n?' He joked. You sat up, pushing the furs away while stroking your own hair back. 'Maybe you should sleep aside me next time.' He suggested politely.
'Maybe.' You give in to it. You got up and he gave you something to eat. You went to sit aside him, eating for some time in silence. 'How long will he lock us up here?' You asked, looking up to him.
'Until we play nice.'
'We are playing nice.' You pointed to the little space between the two of you.
'For the moment.' He chuckled. You looked the little cabin around, hoping you would see something that you maybe would have missed the day before.
'What can we do today?' You asked after breakfast.
'We can scratch our way out of here.' You suggested, looking to your own nails. 'We can find ourselves some entertainment.'
'There is none Y/n.' He answered that. You signed, looking back aside to him.
'We can fight?' You smiled devilish. He studied your face and shook his head.
'I won't fight you Y/n.' And he didn't said it in the usual way. You looked at him, opening your mouth to say something but there came hardly something out.
'I don't hate you.' You spitted out. He had to know, this was the perfect opportunity for that. Maybe this was what Ivar planned along all the time.
'Why are you so angry with me all of the time?' He asked softly. He changed, in the way you knew hem before other people, the soft kind person. The person to fall in love with.
'I don't know, to protect myself.' You shrugged, not daring to look aside to him. There was a long silent. You hoped he wouldn't get in to it, afraid that you had to spill the biggest fear you had, the fear to bind yourself to a man. Your parents had that to, your mother loved your father but he was just ... different. Seeing her act like she did around him made you afraid for the same result.
'Let's scratch ourselves a way out of here.' He announced, cheerful almost. And while he got up you sighed, relieved that he didn't ask further about it. He looked at you for a moment and when you looked up you smiled only softly, knowing that he didn't ask about it because he knew it made you fell uncomfortable.

That night, after hearing all his stories about when he was a little boy in Paris and a little too much ale you laid aside each other on the bed, looking up to the ceiling. 'You think you will be ever going back to Paris?' You asked in the darkness. It was cozy, warm, both of you aside each other under his furred cloak.
'Maybe. You want to see it?' He asked curious.
'I would love to raid there.' You nodded in thoughts. How awesome would it be in Paris, to fight and maybe die ... that thought made you breath out just that little louder.
'What is it?' He asked, almost concerned. You shook your head, not looking aside to him.
'You never afraid to die?'
'No, Valhalla awaits us. The gods decide our faiths, our dead's are a path to something bigger for somebody else. I'm not afraid to die.' He whispered.
'I am.' You admitted. He turned his head to look at you but you were still looking to the ceiling.
'I will protect you.' And that were the words that pulled your eyes right towards his.
'Why?' You whispered.
'Maybe because we should stop fighting.' He answered. You felt his warm breath stroking your skin and it send a lingering down to your body.
'Why?' You asked again.
'Because it is time to do something else.' You felt his fingertips against your cheek and you just closed your eyes while he stroke the strains of hair out of your face.
'Ubbe.' You whispered his name, looking for his eyes in the dark but you didn't find them. Instead you felt his lips, placing themselves gently onto yours. You opened your lips, breathing in by your noise while your hand looked for his neck. He pushed himself up on his elbows, hovering over you, kicking the furs out of the way. That kiss didn't kept his gentle pace, it grew more passionate, your fingers started to trail their way up over his head to the back of his neck. In the short breathing space he gave you his lips started to attack your neck, a tongue trailing his way down to where your clothes were hiding the rest of your skin.
'Tell me to stop.' He breathed against your chin. You leaded his head back up to yours, looking for his eyes in the darkness.
'Don't.' You begged. You didn't want him to stop because all this time this was what you wanted. Fighting him only made the tension in your body worse and now it felt like a release. He pulled you up with, placing you so you sat on his lap while his fingers started to unravel your clothes. You kissed him again, feeling that longing brewing stronger with every touch his fingers made with your skin. When your clothes were nothing more than a sloppy mess around your body you pulled back, looking down over your own body before you took the edges of your shirt, pulling it over your upper body. He admired you, he admire the soft skin, the curves, the ribs softly showing with every breath you took. He laid his hands on your ribs, just underneath your breasts. His touch made your back arch before you pulled his upper half of clothes off. You fingers stroke his bare chest while he stroke his thumbs over your breast, so slowly, so tenderly and you just could suppress a small moan. You laid your hands on his head again, kissing passionate while he laid you with your back on the bed. He moved his body between your legs, you felt the harsh fabric of his trousers scour over yours and it made you warm and longing on the inside. He kept roaming your skin while you grabbed his hair in your hands, kissing him on a slower pace. His hand traveled down, untying your trousers before pushing them down. His hand traveled between your legs and you shivered by his touch, stopping that kiss to produce that enjoying humming.
'You certainly don't hate me.' He whispered against your lips. His fingers started stroking your and you shook your head in longing.
'No, I do not.' You breathed out, kissing him softly, not being able to focus your attention from the one to the other. You managed to get his trousers down, feeling how he was as much ready for you as you were for him. 'Come on, get it over with.' You smiled, out of breath, but playful. He hardly hesitated, filling you with his flesh. You closed your eyes, enjoying that particular feeling before he started moving. And you were being stubborn on not wanting him, while now all you could think of was not losing him. And while he was almost screaming your name on his best point and you hardly could manage to control yourself you thought out loud. 'Ivar should locked us up way sooner.' And Ubbe chuckled, kissing you on all the best places before repeating himself all over again.

'She will hate you for this brother.' You heard somebody saying. But before you could open your eyes you felt a cold stream of water getting over your head. You screamed, getting up, disorientated about everything around you. What was the same for Ubbe who jumped up, naked. You had the luck that his furs protected you.
'Ivar!' You hissed, taking your cup and throwing it at his head. He and Hvitserk laughed for dead, looking at their brother who almost kicked them out.
'Look at that, both naked.' Ivar stated, tilting his head while looking over your nakedness, or at least, what was to see about it.
'It was cold.' You fired right back, stroking your cold wet hair out of your face.
'And that's why you lay naked aside each other?' Hvitserk asked, arms crossed before his chest. You looked up to Ubbe who managed to get some clothes on.
'Out, the both of you.' He warned his brothers.
'You don't fool me brother, I knew the both of you would cave for each other. I'm a little surprised that it went so fast.' Ivar nodded approvingly. You just stared at him, deadly.
'Not that you gave us much to do.' You groaned, shivering already.
'So you decided to use each other?'
'Out!' Ubbe warned him for the second time. Hvitserk laughed, running out while Ivar crawled out, looking over his shoulder to you, giving a wink.
'I kill you.' You whispered, he only took that as a challenge. Ubbe smacked the door shut and turned around to you.
'I will kill them for you, you're freezing.'
'Then warm me up.' You said quite innocents. He walked over to the bed, letting himself almost fell on it while he grabbed your face and started to kiss you again. You smiled against his lips, pulling yourself in his warm embrace.
'You were right.'
'About what?' You asked.
'Ivar should have locked us up way sooner.' And he kissed you again.