Imagine being the troublemaker in Hvitserk his life - I

Words: 1934

You pushed the arrow into the crossbow, checking its tension before your crouched down, gazed aside you to the cripple who laid flat on his stomach into the grass. He challenged you, stating that a crossbow never could be that good as an normal bow. But you made that crossbow yourself, you learned a lot from your father before he ships you off to marry a prince in Kattegat. 'That barrel.' He pointed out. You brought the crossbow up into shooting position and looked over to the village. You were out scouting but instead you were playing around with a cripple.
'Be amazed.' You grinned while aiming. And when you shoot that arrow kicked into the barrel with a massive force of power. That wide grin jumped on your lips while you got up, making some victory dance for everybody to see. You weren't the shy type, more the other way around. Your father married you off to a Ragnarsson in the hope you would learn to get some responsibilities. Well he was wrong. Your eyes traveled back to the barrel only to see the man standing aside of it, looking at you swinging around with your crossbow.
'We are under attack!' He yelled.
'That was not the intention.' You suppressed your giggling before turning around and disappearing into the woods with the cripple again. Everything was in some way a joke, even this marriage. It wasn't even with the funny cripple to begin with; you had to do it with Hvitserk. He stood aside his brother when you and Ivar arrived.
'You better get your weapons in order, we are about to go into a fight.' Ivar announced.
'What did you do now?' Hvitserk asked you. You looked down to your shoes, or the crossbow that rested against the tip of your toes.
'It was an accident.' You reacted, titling your head and throwing Hvitserk an innocent seductive smile.
'You gonna get us all killed some day.' He shook his head, following his elder brother to prepare for a fight.
'We needed to fight anyway, so why the delay.' You shrugged, looking down to Ivar who chuckled and crawled himself over to the chariot. At least he saw the humor in your mistake.

You maybe act like a spoiled dangerous girl; nobody could judge you on your fighting skills. You pulled out the two half long swords out of the holders on your back and turned them around your wrist as you saw the first couple of enemies coming. There wasn't anything more trilling than the adrenaline of a fight and Hvitserk as your husband admired that about you. He loved to see you fight just as you loved it as he played along in your little games from day to day. You started to fight, ducking, stabbing and smile like an idiot every time you got one down. After some time in marriage you learned to anticipate into your marriage, Hvitserk had a hard time handling you but when it came on a fight you covered him as much as he defended you. So maybe this was your favorite time with him, apart for the other things he was so good at. Those thoughts caused a elbow to push through into your ribs, causing you to gaps while you fell down to the ground.
'Y/n.' Hvitserk called out. The axe kicked into your offender before he dropped dead and you rolled onto your stomach, looking for some air. Hvitserk ran over, taking you with your shoulders to turn you around to him again. 'Alright?' He asked with a little concern. You held your hand against your chest while your breathing slowly started again.
'I didn't knew you could be that concerned.' You said through gasps.
'The gods are punishing you Y/n.' He answered. You looked up to his slightly blooded face, smiling that innocents again.
'You rather like the punish me yourself?' You asked, biting your lip while tilting your head.
'We both know the answer on that.' He pulled you up and you grabbed for your swords again. Most of the battle died, it wasn't a hard one to begin with but Lagertha asked for a justified one and you just totally screw that one up.
'Can you forgive me?' You asked, slowly laying your arm over his shoulder pulling yourself closer to him. He snuggled his nose aside yours, pulling that longing trace to your ear.
'It's not me you need to convince.' He whispered. You traced back to him, placing your lips on his. He held still for a moment before he kissed you with that full passion. There wasn't any love between you and Hvitserk, there was just desire. He was your husband, your father forced you to marry him and you never wanted it. Now Hvitserk had to deal with you and in some way it was fun to do. You pulled back out of that kiss, looking up from his lips to his eyes with that little grin all over your face. But before you even could enjoy more of him because he was very enjoyable on that level, you had to finish of another assailer. You pushed Hvitserk away, wounding the men by ducking underneath his sword, slitting the back of his knees while he stumbled past you. He got on his knees and you stand aside him, clenching your fingers through his hair and pulling his head up.
'Never mess with the cute girls.' You whispered in his ear, looking over to Hvitserk who studied you in a way you liked it. Your sword slit his neck, closing your eyes when little splashed of blood got onto your face and he dropped dead on the ground.
'You are so much trouble.' Hvitserk whispered.
'Trouble you like.'
'On an occasion or two yes.' He smiled charming.

Lagertha send the sons of Ragnar to this village to negotiate, she said to use no violence and yet here you stood, a whole village slaughtered down except for some good people, farmers, slaves. Because it was to late to travel back to Kattegat Ubbe wanted to stay the night here making you in the excellent mood to make a big camp fire. As the only girl of the group everybody gazed at the way you danced around the fire, throwing another log of fire on it so the flames grew in strength. You looked up to the dark sky and laughed, enjoying this magic time for yourself. 'Dance with me?' You asked Hvitserk who sat aside his two other brothers. You shifted your weight from the one leg to the other, gazing at him with that tempting innocent glare.
'I sure would if I had the legs.' Ivar breathed out, looking at you all admiring. You drank up the last of your ale and threw your cup behind you in the fire.
'We could do other things to.' You suggested the cripple. Ivar his smiled darkened before Hvitserk pulled you in his direction just as you arrived at the youngest brother. You landed on his lap, giggling while you threw your hands around his neck. 'Not eager to share husband?' You asked gentle. His hands traveled to the small of your back, pulling you even a little closer. 'I take that as a no.' You whispered before placing your lips on his, trailing your fingers over his jawline and neck. That every Viking around had a clear shot on this didn't matter for you, it only made it so much more enjoyable. Hvitserk nipped on your neck and you closed your eyes, humming on the feelings he caused. A hand traveled up over your leg underneath the dress and you opened your eyes, looking aside to Ivar who just couldn't keep his hands home.
'She's mine brother.' Hvitserk warned him. Ivar pulled back, giving you that smile you almost couldn't resist yourself. He could be some trouble in your life you gladly would welcome. But Hvitserk wasn't planning on sharing you so all focus got back to him. His lips traveled more down to your chest, snuggling his nose under the fabrics of your clothes. A soft moan escaped your lips.
'If this is punishment for my disobedience I have to disobey more often.' You whispered, pulling his braids so he looked up to you again.
'You are right, we should stop.'
'You can't.' You challenged him. When you looked aside to Ubbe he was giving you a rather angry look. 'What is on your mind Ubbe?' You asked him a little annoyed.
'You have to explain this to Lagertha tomorrow.'
'I was practicing my shooting, somebody saw it, done and done.' You shrugged.
'This was important, you blew it, I hope you live under the mercy of the queen.' Ubbe reacted while standing up and walking away. You looked back to Hvitserk.
'He is right you know.' He softly agreed with his elder brother.
'I can handle myself.'
'I hope it for you.'

Lagertha was in the not slightest amused by your stunt from the day before. You stood there before her in the great hall, Astrid and Torvi loyal at her side like two watchdogs obeying her every command. You never liked that kind of a position, you were made to bend the rules, be a queen yourself. The idea crossed your mind somewhere when your father gave you away to Hvitserk but it never sat foot in your actions. Now looking to that stern face of that woman in the throne just seemed to spark that. 'You accidently shoot an arrow and somebody saw you?' She repeated your statement. Hvitserk stood against the wall aside Ivar who just needed to do his best not to chuckle. 'And it caused an attack in which you had to kill everybody?' She followed. You shrugged.
'That covers it.' You nodded. Lagertha rested her hand on her wrist and looked over to Hvitserk.
'Can't you not contain her?' She asked him. What?
'I'm a free woman, no need to contain that.'
'You are a wife; it's your duty to live up to your husband.' Lagertha hissed softly. You lifted your chin a little up, looking to her in stubbornness. 'Lucky for you, you are married to a son of Ragnar, otherwise I would banish you. Now I just need to find another way to punish you.' She announced. Punishment?
'Because there was an attack?' You asked, spotting on the words she just said to you.
'An attack you caused Y/n.' Lagertha shouted, standing up from her seat. 'Who doesn't obey just has to feel. Take her.' She ordered her woman. Astrid and Torvi came from their position.
'No.' Hvitserk jumped between you and the two of them. 'My wife, my responsibility. I will take the punishment, whatever it is.'
'So be it.' Lagertha smiled softly. Before you even could register it they took Hvitserk instead of you.
'No!' You protested. Astrid pushed you outside after Hvitserk.
'Go home girl.' She commanded you.
'What are you gonna do with him?'
'Not of your concern is it?' She smiled coldly, following Torvi and Hvitserk over the other path. You stood there, looking how he walked of and all you could think of was why the hell you shot that arrow. That cheerful girl inside of you died a little.
'Nice job Y/n, really.' Ivar hissed. You turned away and looked over to him, he was angry, just as everybody was. In that moment you realized at least two things, you cared for him and you needed to get him out.