Imagine taking care of Hvitserk

ONESHOT
Words:  2192

It wasn't his day. When you were gathering wood this morning you noticed the boys fighting on the little training field they made for themselves. You loved to watch them, somewhere eager to learn some of that to. But you couldn't even hold an axe for longer than five minutes so why should you start swinging a sword around? So you only watched, lurking from behind a tree. Not that you were secretly looking, they knew damn well people would watch if they had the change, they were the sons of Ragnar, everybody admired them. You admired one in particular, Hvitserk. He was smiling at his youngest brother, attacking him with that swift movement of his feet. You looked how fast his sword arm moved, like he was making some kind of a dance, which he lost. Ivar kicked him pretty hard against his ribs before tackling him down. You heard Hvitserk grunt while he got back up. They were laughing at him and you felt compassion for a moment until Ubbe nodded your way and Hvitserk looked at you. He threw his sword on the ground and walked over. 'You just have to stand here on the day he kicks my ass.' He sounded frustrated and you smiled softly.
'Every wise man learns something out of his failures and mistakes. Next time you will do better.' You comforted him.
'Why are you always talking so smart.' He said, more at ease now. You looked at his ribs and took the edge of his clothes but he laid his hand over yours, stopping you from looking at his ribs. 'I'm fine. Battle will be not less kinder on me.' Now it was his turn to comfort you. You looked up to him and only nodded. He stroke his fingers over your cheek and pressed a soft kiss against your lips when his brothers called him back.
'Be careful.'
'I always am.' He reassured you. He turned around and walked back to his brothers, resting his hand against his ribs, he was in pain.

The rest of that day went rather easy for you, you weren't used on those calm days but giving the most of trading season had past it was for you calm and you enjoyed the little freedom you had. You visited your family and on the way back you passed the great hall only to hear the familiar sounds of an argument. Normally it was Ivar with Sigurd now it was ... you looked inside from where you stood only to see Hvitserk jump up out of his chair, smashing his hands on the table. 'Who are you to say what I need to do.' He hissed dangerously low. You knew Hvitserk to be the patient type, now he was just going over the edge. What meant that his brother bothered him all day long and if you had Ivar after you for a whole day it wasn't a surprise that he lashed out like this.
'You shut your mouth brother, I have the same right as you.'
'Do I need to spell it for you Ivar?' Hvitserk warned him. You looked to the ground, knowing that walking in there would be the biggest mistake ever so you walked further home. Giving Hvitserk would be upset, it wouldn't take long before he would arrive at your door. You and Hvitserk know each other for some weeks now, he helped you looking for your missing little sister, seemed to comfort you when you lost the way before he pulled out all his charm to win you over. Not that he had to do much, you fell for him the moment he saw you standing. Who wouldn't.

That chicken wasn't the most cooperative chicken ever, but seeing it turning over on the fire satisfied you. You sat down on a piece of rock, turning it around on the little stick already enjoying the smell it released. 'y/n, you home?' It was a far of sound because you were at the back of the house, outside while probably was in.
'Outside!' You turned around on the rock you sat on looking how Hvitserk appeared around the house. He seemed tired, not to say exhausted. He looked at the meat turning over the fire.
'Tell me you have more of that.' He started, desperate almost. You stood up and he laid his hand against your waist, pulling you closer. You pushed on to your toes and placed a kiss on his lips. He signed, relieved to have you.
'I heard your argument with Ivar.'
'You have really bad timing today.' He whispered. You studied his face and softly shook your head.
'Maybe not, can you stay?' You asked carefully. He stroke his knuckles over your temple, your cheek before his hand rested against your neck.
'There isn't somewhere else I want to be than here, so yes, I can stay.' He gave in. You closed your eyes when he kissed you again. His lips felt so soft, his movements so slow. You stroke your tongue over his and a sound released from the back of his throat.
'Sit.' You whispered, nodding towards the rock you sat on earlier. He sat down and you walked in, pouring ale in a cup before walking back outside, offering it him. 'I know you would come.' You answered his surprised expression with a smile. He was thankful, drinking the ale while you sat down between his legs on the ground. He wrapped his arm before your chest and rested his chin on your head. 'What was it about? With Ivar?' You asked careful. He signed and you felt a little guilty of bringing it back up.
'He just always demands things that aren't his to demands. He always seems to forget he is the youngest.' Hvitserk started. You turned your head and looked up to him.
'He uses words, his actions don't always speaks so loud because of his legs.'
'Don't start to defend him.' He protested. You smiled and shook your head, embracing the arm that was wrapped around you. The chicken almost was on his best and you felt a little proud. And Hvitserk finally started to relax to under your care. Because that was all that you wanted to do, taking care of him when he needed it the most, like today.

You got your hands on some vegetables making dinner a little more fancier than you normally would serve it. You were cutting some vegetables when he came to stand behind you. You looked instant up on feeling his body so close by while he wrapped his arms around you. 'You know,' he began, pressing his nose in your hair. 'I would love to come home to this every night.' He followed. You smiled, biting your own lip as some kind of a reaction.
'Don't expect from me to do this every day.' You nodded towards the dinner you were preparing.
'No.' He kissed underneath your ear and you couldn't hold back to let a shiver down on the feeling. 'But you make a miserable day a whole lot better.' He murmured against your neck. You tilted your head, closing your eyes on the feeling of his lips kissing your skin.
'Hvitserk,'
'Hmmm?' He asked hardly reacting on his name while he tightened his arms around your stomach.
'Aren't you hungry?' You asked small.
'On many levels, yes.' He admitted with that charming smile on his lips. He turned you around in his embrace and stroke his both hands softly up to your neck, looking down in your eyes. Your breath didn't had his usual rhythm anymore. That intense look of his eyes made you almost faint before he lowered his lips on yours and kissed you again. You opened your lips, feeling how he depth that kiss to the maximum. You grabbed a hold of his clothes, hardly thinking clear about the fact that you didn't made food for nothing. And if it would keep at this it would be for nothing. You pulled back, resting your head against his. He pecked your lips again before he opened his eyes and you smiled. 'Would you marry me if I asked you?' He asked, fingers roaming you face in a longing for more.
'Is this you asking?'
'Maybe.' He said playful.
'Can I think about it?' You asked, turning back around to the dinner. He didn't let go of you, placed his lips against your hair again.
'Offcourse.' He smiled. You couldn't resist that enormous smile on your lips while you finished it and gave him a plate so he could start his dinner. That and the ale did him good. He enjoyed every bit of it and you almost forgot your own dinner because you were enjoying seeing him eat.
'How are your ribs?' You asked afterwards, looking how he drank the last of his ale.
'Could be better.' He shrugged. You brought the empty plates away and gestured him to stand up, which he did. You gave him a smile while standing with your back against the table, pulling the upper half of his clothes out. You pulled a painful face when you saw the bleu marks covering a whole piece of his ribs. You could imagine that sword hitting there and it couldn't be a pleasant feeling. You stroke your finger over it and he shiver. You looked up to him, he was looking at it, frustrated.
'Don't beat yourself down over it.' You advised him.
'I'm not, it's just really frustrating when he knows it better and proves it to.' Hvitserk signed. You looked to the stain, stroking your fingers over it, thinking about Ivar.
'That won't change.' You whispered, placing a kiss on the wound, looking up to him from underneath your eyelashes. 'You will live.' You kissed again, traveling your lips up over his chest before you met his again. You chuckled, biting down his lip when he pulled back. He licked his lips and your eyes pulled right at it, biting your own lip while looking up to him all innocent. He cupped your face, placing a kiss against the top of your nose before he placed them back on your lips. You moved your body, sitting on the table, spreading your legs a little so he could stand in between. Your fingers stroke from his stomach to his back, nails digging in his back when his kiss changed more eagerly. He brought his hand down, finding his way under your dress while your fingers started to untie his trousers. He pressed his upper body against yours until you laid with your back on the table. You laid your hand above your head, grabbing the edge of the table for you know you would need the hold on.

You had always a strange way of sleeping, always turning all different ways, ending up in positions you didn't held possible. When you woke of you laid with your head on Hvitserk his stomach, legs almost hanging out of the bed. He was already awake, stroking his fingers through your hair. You pulled your legs up and wrapped yourself around the sheets. 'You have a very strange way of sleeping.' He whispered. His voice sounded so raw, husky.
'I love that voice.' You admitted, stretching your arms out before you turned around on your stomach to look at him.
'I love that body of yours.'
'Only my body?' You asked innocents.
'Hmmm,' he leaned in on you and kissed you good morning. 'no but I love it.' He whispered. His finger followed the naked part of your body over your back, your ass. You looked up to him and snuggled your face against his chest. You enjoyed each other presents in some silence.
'I hope today will be better for you.'
'And if it isn't I know my way back to you.' He reacted right away. You lifted your head from his chest and putted your finger on it, drawling figures over it.
'A swim in the lake, or a bath, go hunting, lay under the stars,' you looked up to him and pulled a smile up. 'you know I love that stuff.' You followed. He grabbed you around your chest and you started laughing while he wrestled with you on the bed until you lay underneath him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and studied his face.
'Did you think about my offer?' He asked, all serious and concentrated.
'So it was an offer?'
'Yes it was.' He nodded, pecking your lips in the act. You bited your lip, looking into his eyes while you thought about it. 'Y/n, are you taunting me now?' He asked a little nervous because you kept silent for so long.
'Yes.'
'Is that a yes on my offer or a yes on the question?' He asked concentrated.
'Both.' You whispered, pulling his head closer and kissing him again. He wrapped his arms tight around you and started laughing against your neck.
'My girl.' He whispered.
'My man.' You replied, stroking his face before tenderly kissing him again. You would be his wife and to be honest, you couldn't wait.