The forming of the 'Dark Lady'

Hermione's P.O.V

Finally Christmas break. I heard that Mr Weasley was attacked by a snake. I probably need to ask my dad about this. I am nearly 100 percent sure it was Nagini. While I grab my bag, I hear some noises by the portrait. I walk downstairs with the bag and see the reason of the noise.

The Gryffindors were looking angry at my Slytherin friends, who are waiting before the portrait hole. "Hey boys, are you ready for the train?" They smile at me and I walk outside the common room through the hole, saying 'Merry Christmas everyone.' They only mumble, if they even react.

They probably think my friendship with the Slytherins is like betraying my Gryffindor status. Goyle puts an arm around me, protectively, and pulls me away from the Gryffindor Tower. "So, how are Potty and the Weasels doing, I heard Daddy Weasel has been attacked," Blaise asks.

I had already given up telling them their names were not 'Weasel' or 'Potty'. "I don't know, I haven't spoke with them. I hope Mr Weasley is alright," I mumble. We step on the train, laughing and talking until we reach Platform 9 3/4.

Mr Malfoy and Mrs Malfoy were waiting for us. "Hello Hermione, you look even more beautiful since we last met you,"Mrs Malfoy reacts kindly. "Hello Mr and Mrs Malfoy, sorry if I sounds rude but can I talk with my father? I DEFINATELY need to ask him something."

They nod and we Apparate quickly. I wave at them and run up the stairs. I take some breath to calm my heart before I knock at the door. "Come in," a calm voice says. I walk in and see Nagini in her snakehouse and my dad at his desk.

"Hermione, how can I help you honey?" It still feels akward, the Dark Lord saying 'honey' to you. "I want to know if it was Nagini who had hurt Mr Weasley. If so, I don't want to live in this house anymore." He looks shocked. I know, it was a bit harsh to threaten him with such an important thing, but I don't approve hurting innocent people, especially not my friends.

"Hermione, sweetheart, calm down. Yes, it was Nagini, but she only did it because otherwise Mr Weasley would have find a way to kill me. You don't want your father to be killed, do you?" I sigh, tears coming out of my eyes.

"No, I don't want that," I whisper emotionally. He stands up and opens his arms and I hug him. "It is just.. I want you but also them, but I know I can't have both," I whisper. "I know it hurts, it hurts to choose between things and people you love. I wouldn't let you choose, I promise." "Thank you daddy."

After some emotional father-daughter talk, it comes back to the more 'difficult' talks...

"I have an important question for you, Hermione. I have thought long about this-" "Just spill it out dad, I won't judge you." "I have talked about this with my inner circle of Death Eaters. They take you serious, don't think otherwise of them now, but they have said every Death Eater would take you more serious when you get a 'title' in the Death Eater-ranks."

"What kind of 'title', dad?" "We have to contrive one." "Well, what shall we choose?"

After some hours, we have finally chosen a name.

"The Dark Lady," I say. "The Dark Lady, sounds good. The Dark Lady it shall be,"father says. We smile at each other. Hermione Riddle, the Dark Lady, loyal servant of the Dark Lord and Lord Voldemort's daughter.