Chapter 6: Marry me

Kevin's POV

The rest of the dinner went silently, everyone was eating quietly while there were many things going on in my head.

What should I do now, the thought of soon becoming a father is making me a little nervous which is a very rare thing I have never been nervous about anything in my life before.

I think I should talk to Ash now only, I want to know what she's thinking.

"Ash come with me" I whispered to her while she ignored my words, don't know why.

"Excuse us" I said to everyone while taking Ash's hand and walking towards her room upstairs because I think now is the time we should talk and decide.

"What are you doing" she said as I released her hand once we reached her room as I closed the door.

"Why didn't you tell me before" I asked.

"I myself got to know today" she replied.

"Okay leave that, do you want this baby, I'll make one thing clear that I want it but it's important for me to know what you are thinking" I said as she sat on the bed's corner.

"Maybe I want it, it's not like I have another choice" she replied.

"You have another choice and you know what it is" I said just to see if she'll consider an abortion it's not like I'll let her do it anyway, I just want to know.

"No I don't want to do abortion, It'll be like killing an innocent life which I can't do" she replied and I'm glad with it.

There was silence for few minutes.

"Well I think the best option is that we should get married" I said breaking the silence.

"Have you lost your mind" she yelled at me.

"Look I know this is not easy for you but..." I spoke but was interrupted by her.

"Kevin do you even realize that you have ruined my dreams and now you want me to marry you" anger dripping from her voice.

"Just think about the baby right now, it's our responsibility to give it a good life" I said controlling my anger.

"Today I saw disappointment in my parents eyes for me and it's all because of you" she replied ignoring what I said.

I sighed.

I won't take a no.

"I get it that right now you are mad at me and whatever but when you calm down just think about the little life growing in you, what will be the future of the child either it'll have only a mother or only a father if we don't marry so think as a grown up girl, don't be so stubborn" I said giving her one last glance before walking out.

She has to agree to marry me. I can't let anyone call my child a bastard. I'll have to talk to our family about this and I'll talk with them right now.

All of them were sitting in the living room as I reached there, they looked at me as if expecting me to tell what we decided.

"Dad, uncle James I want to marry Ash" I said and they looked a little surprised.

"But are you sure about this" aunt Emily asked.

"Yes I'm sure" I replied.

"Well I think it's a good idea" my dad spoke.

"Yeah maybe but did Ashley agreed to this" uncle James said.

"Right now she didn't, but I'll convince her" I replied.

"I also don't want the baby to be born out of wedlock, after all it's our family's heir. We'll also try to convince Ashley" my dad said.

"I just want my daughter to be happy and I know that you'll keep her happy always so I agree with your decision Kevin" aunt Emily said.

You'll have to marry me Ash whether you like it or not, whatever I'm doing is good for the three of us.

****

Ashley's POV

How can he even think that I'll marry him, he has ruined my dreams. I'll talk to mom and dad I'm sure they won't agree with him.

Thinking so I was about to go downstairs when I saw mom, dad and Kelly entering my room.

"Are you okay dear" mom asked and I nodded my head in reply.

"Kevin told us that he wants to marry you" dad spoke, oh so he already told them.

"And what you guys told him" I asked although I'm sure they will agree with my decision not his.

"We think that it's a good idea" mom replied.

"So he has send you all here, even you agree with him Kelly" I asked looking at Kelly.

"If Kevin is ready to take the responsibility, then what's wrong in marrying him" Kelly said shrugging. I'm totally surprised, they have already talked and also agreed with his decision but what about me.

"Being a single mother is not easy, try to understand" mom said sitting beside me.

"But..." I stopped when Kevin entered my room with his hands in his pant's pockets.

"It's okay if you don't want to marry me. I'll take the child's full custody and you won't have a single right on him or her" he said casually.

"You can't do that" I replied.

"Oh I can and I'll do that, you don't know me" he said and I was surprised because he never talked to me like that.

"Leave me alone" was all I could manage to say as there were many things roaming in my head right now and I need sometime alone to think properly.

And without saying a word everyone left, even Kevin.

It's true that first I was not sure if I wanted this baby or not but now I'm sure that I want it although I'm scared. But it's a part of me I can't let Kevin take it away from me.

The reason I don't want to marry him is because I have always seen him as a friend and the thought that the relation will change soon is scaring me. How can this marriage even work when I'll see him just as a friend. We will lose our friendship too and losing our friendship in all this is what I'm worried about so much.

I have always dreamed about having a love marriage and this is not what I dreamed of.

Now there are only two things I can do, either run away from here and never come back or...marry him.

Almost all night I kept thinking of what I should do and finally I came to a decision.

"No one will take you away from me" I said placing my hand on my belly and soon enough I finally fell asleep.

****

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)