Chapter 17: Confused soul

Kevin's POV

"I think I should get going" I said as Ben frowned at me.

"No you are not going anywhere, here take this" he replied passing me another drink.

"No I have already had too much" I said before getting up to leave.

"Let him go Ben he must be missing his wife" Ben's fiance said chuckling as the rest of our group laughed a little too.

"It's not like that it's just that..." I trailed off not finding any other reason for going home early.

Am I really missing Ash?

Because in our entire group it was never me to leave the club first until it was almost morning.

"Anyways congratulations to you two once again" I continued before making my way towards the exit as I heard Ben's fading voice asking me if I have brought my driver along because I was a little tipsy and couldn't drive.

Thankfully today I have brought my driver along.

I stopped walking when I saw a familiar figure dancing as I was passing by the dance floor.

Is that Ash?

My eyes narrowed when I saw Tyler dancing just beside her too close for my liking. What's she doing here with him...no it can't be Ash because she said she was going to hang out with Kelly.

No no it's definitely her, I thought to myself as I saw her face more clearly...maybe I'm a little tipsy but I'm not that much drunk to not recognize my own wife.

So she was going out with Tyler...why did she lie to me then, she knows it very well that I hate it when she lies to me. Because since childhood we never hide anything from eachother.

But anyways what was the need to even go out with him, can she not see the undeniable liking he has towards her. Even a blind person can see that in his eyes, then why can't she see it or did she forget that she's already committed to me.

What's the need to lead him on like that by going out with him.

But the most important thing right now is that leaving all the places in the city she came to a club. She always said she doesn't likes to dance in a club or even going to a club in the first place because all the sweating bodies give her a feeling of nausea but now look at her how much she's enjoying dancing.

Which makes me wonder if she's drunk or something...I hope she has that much sense left in her to not consume alcohol while being pregnant.

And anyways she shouldn't drink at all pregnant or not because she can never handle alcohol...she does knows what happened the last time she got drunk.

But if she did drink a little bit then I hope that she and the baby both are fine.

My chain of thoughts broke when I saw a guy's arms sliding around her waist as she struggled while trying to push him away.

I could literally feel my blood boiling as my jaw clenched and palms balled into fists...how dare he even try to touch her.

I won't let any harm come near her, I thought as my eyes filled with rage and I moved towards them ready to beat the shit out of that guy but stopped close to them when I saw Tyler doing exactly what I wanted to do.

I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest seeing him doing what I'm supposed to do and that is protecting Ash. I felt even more irritated and pissed as he was smiling at her stupidly.

Enough.

"Ash" I finally said something to make them aware of my presence as she looked at me surprised.

"Kevin what are you doing here" she asked.

I should be the one asking her that what on earth is she doing here with Tyler when she clearly said she would be hanging out with Kelly.

But somehow I suppressed the urge to ask her that when I saw Tyler was still standing next to her, I don't want to argue with her in front of him or for that matter in front anyone.

We can talk about all this when we are alone.

"Well I told you I'll be going out tonight right" I replied.

"Oh yeah" she said before an awkward silence took place between the three of us.

"So are you done...should we leave now" I asked as we all moved away from the dance floor to the bar.

"Yeah let's go" she replied.

"Wait Kevin if you don't mind I would like to drop her home" Tyler said.

Yes I do mind because she's my damn wife not yours so don't act like she is, I wanted to yell this at him. This guy is seriously getting on my nerves now.

"No Tyler it's fine and perhaps you should drop Kelly home...she's quite drunk" Ash said before I could say anything rude.

Wait.

Kelly? 

And it was then when I noticed that Kelly was sitting just behind Tyler on a bar stool.

Was she with us all the time, ugh I was so involved in Ash and my anger that I didn't notice her until now.

And here I thought Ash lied to me.

I'm such a fool, I mentally face palmed myself.

But anyways now I'm feeling a little relaxed knowing that Kelly was with them too. Maybe Tyler being here is just a coincidence.

Soon Tyler left with Kelly without saying another word...maybe he didn't like that Ash denied him, I smirked thinking so as we both headed towards home too.

"It was all Kelly's plan to meet Tyler at the club" Ash said breaking the silence as we sat in the car.

"Why" I asked with a frown and she went on explaining everything as I nodded in reply.

"I'm sorry" I said hesitantly after a while feeling guilty for thinking that she lied to me and went out with Tyler.

"For what" she asked.

"For..."I trailed off not knowing how to tell her what I thought.

"It's okay I know what you might have thought seeing me and Tyler together...I did saw that angry look on your face as if you wanted to kill him" she replied giggling at the last part while shaking her head.

"You do look cute when you get jealous" she added grinning.

"Mrs. Diaz don't even think for a second that I was jealous or something" I said quickly or more like tried to convince myself.

...Or was I?

And if I was...then why?

I do know the fact that I have always been attracted to her even before we got married and I have always felt the need to protect her from any harm since we were little kids.

But why?...is it just as a friend or do I really feel something more for her?

****

Hey guys,

Do you think Kevin is falling for Ash?

Or is he already in love with her and just needs to realize it?

Anyways,

As promised I'm back with an early update so...

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)