Chapter 51: The Long Awaited

Ashley's POV

"Why is Kevin not here yet" I asked for the hundredth time now as I paced around the hospital room.

"He'll be here soon, you don't worry just relax okay" Kelly replied the same thing again and I appreciate how patient she's being with me.

"He will come right or maybe he's just too mad at me to come or maybe he just doesn't wants to see me anymore or..." I murmured almost to myself.

"Ashley. Just relax, you are just nervous about the delivery that's why you are freaking out about almost anything and everything" Kelly said interrupting my blabbering as she failed to hide her chuckle.

"Okay I'm sorry but it's kind of funny seeing you like this...I mean this hospital gown looks funny on you" She added laughing as I gave her a sharp glare.

"Shut up Kelly" I replied and the room fell into a complete silence as I ignored her for the next few minutes.

"Oh my god! I need to call my mom...I totally forgot to call her. She's going to kill me" I said to myself as I looked around for my cellphone in my bag.

"Where's my damn mobile" I murmured out of frustration as I couldn't find my phone.

"Don't worry, I already informed your parents. They reached home a few minutes after we left but they'll be here soon" Kelly said.

"Okay" I replied nodding.

"Where's Kevin? Why is he not here yet?" I added to myself.

"Please call him, I can't find my mobile...I think I forgot it at home" I said.

"Yeah I'll call him. And maybe you should just sit down for a while" Kelly replied.

"No the doctor said that walking might help a little bit..." I paused.

"But I guess I should sit down for a while I'm tired now" I added nodding before taking a seat on the hospital bed.

"He's not picking up" She said with her phone still on her ear.

"Oh god" I said leaning back against the bed's headboard, placing my hand on my baby bump as I felt the same pain starting again, it wasn't there for a while but now it's back.

What if Kevin doesn't reach on time?

I don't want him to miss the moment when our baby comes into this world. I want to share and live that moment with him.

"He's here" I heard Kelly's voice but I was to observed in myself to pay any attention to her words.

"Hey..." I opened my eyes hearing the familiar voice as he held my hand in his.

"Hey" I said not even trying to hide the happiness and the sudden excitement in my voice.

All day I have been dying to see his face and now that he's here I...I just feel so happy and I feel like everything will be just fine now.

"How do you feel" He asked concerned.

"I asked you something. Why are you looking at me like that" He added confused as I chuckled at him before placing a quick kiss on his lips.

"Now what was that for" He said chuckling as we pulled away.

"I missed you and I needed that" I replied with a smile that just wasn't leaving my face since the moment I saw him.

"I missed you too" He whispered resting his forehead against mine.

"Now will you answer my question. I have been so worried about you" He added a moment later.