Chapter 45: It'll Destroy Us

Ashley's POV

I sighed as I checked my phone once again but still there were no phone calls or even any message from Kevin...which suddenly had me worried for some reason.

It's been hours since he dropped me off at home and went to attend some urgent work, though this day was supposed to be just for him and me but his work is important too and on top of that he had to work from home for days in San Francisco just because of me so I can understand and he did say that he'll be back soon.

But alas he's not here yet so here I'm sitting alone scrolling through the TV channels not finding anything interesting to watch.

I'm so bored.

No one is home today, mom and dad went to attend a friend's son's wedding and won't be back home until tomorrow but my mom was just so concerned about me staying alone that she asked Kelly if she could stay with me when Kevin is at work and she gladly agreed...but she left about an hour ago when she got a call from Tyler.

Apparently they were suppose to go on a date today but Kelly cancelled all their plans just to keep me company but when I got to know about this I asked her to leave and go on with their plans and she was adamant at first about not leaving me alone, joking that how my mom would hunt her down and kill her if she left me alone but soon I managed to kick her out...not literally though.

I just didn't want her to miss out all those happy moments she might be enjoying right now, just because she had to babysit me.

I rolled my eyes at the thought. My mom just doesn't leaves me alone...I mean I know she cares about me and all that but I seriously don't need babysitting all the time.

But right now I do need someone with me and that someone is none other than Kevin.

I miss him.

I know it's been only a few hours since he left but I can't help myself...I just want to be with him and relax on this comfortable couch all day.

I know I might be sounding a little lazy right now.

I smiled, snapping out of my thoughts as I heard the front door opening.

There he is.

"Kevin where were you for so long. I have been waiting for you" I said walking towards him and hugging him.

Though he hugged me back but it felt a little different...as if it lacked that passion and affection...it felt as if he was forced to hug me.

Am I being too clingy.

I frowned at the thought.

"Is everything alright" I asked pulling away.

"Yeah everything's fine" He replied with a smile but I could figure out that it was a fake one.

"How was your day" He asked tugging my hair behind my ear.

"Boring. Yours" I asked smiling sheepishly.

"Well...eventful" He replied.

"Kevin just tell me if something's disturbing you" I said as he just shook his head.

But I can tell that something is wrong, there is something that's bothering him...he's not acting like himself. But he was fine earlier when he left, than what happened suddenly?

"Did something happen at work" I asked placing my hand on his cheek.

"No" He replied shortly pulling my hand away.

"Than tell me what's wrong" I asked running out of patience.

"Few days back I decided to renovate my study at our place and today the maids were packing all the stuff because the renovating was supposed to start from tomorrow but there was this one drawer that was locked, so I went there after dropping you off and unlocked it..." He said but paused looking at me as if wanting to see my reaction to his words.