Chapter 46: The Flashbacks Follow

Ashley's POV

"From whom" He asked blinking, looking lost somewhere as if he still couldn't process the new information.

"From you" I replied.

"From me" He whispered in a questioning manner.

"Yes" I nodded.

"And why did you think that my own child needed to be saved from me. What harm did you think I would bring to my own blood" He asked with a look in his eyes that I couldn't recognise...but soon I figured that he was hurt.

Too much I think because even when we met again, even when I said awful words to him...he never looked that hurt which he is looking right now.

"No I never thought you would bring any harm to this baby, in fact your love for our baby was the only thing I was certain about back then...when I met Melina again while you were away on your business trip...because all the trust I had on you was shattered after what she revealed about her and you, I could no longer think whom to trust anymore because you, the person I loved the most...the person I trusted the most betrayed me" I replied.

"I left you because you wanted to take my child away from me" I added after a moment as I slipped back to that awful day when Melina came to meet me.

It's been a few days since Kevin left for New York and I may sound selfish but now I think that I should have stopped him from leaving because I already miss him so much...but I also know that we cannot be together 24/7.

And he hasn't even called you since the day before yesterday, don't you think it's a sign that he doesn't miss you the way you do or maybe he doesn't miss you at all, my subconscious spoke in my head as I just rolled my eyes at her words.

Have you got nothing better to do, I snapped back as the little voice in my head stopped bickering.

Though I know my subconscious just points out the things that I avoid admitting to myself...my insecurities to be precise.

I shook my head as I reached home and parked my car.

"Mrs. Diaz someone's here to see you...I told her to come back later since you weren't home but she was just too adamant to leave...so she's still waiting for you" Jenna said hesitantly as soon as I walked into the living room.

I frowned at her words.

Who might it be, I wondered.

"I'm sorry I know I had strict instructions from Mr. Diaz about not letting any strangers in without permission but I..." Jenna added.

For a second I thought that it might be Kelly but my guess was wrong because of course everyone in the house knows her so they wouldn't stop her from coming in.

"It's fine Jenna. Who is it and where is she" I said interrupting her.

"She's right here waiting for you" She replied pointing towards the couch where this girl was sitting but I couldn't see her face as her back was facing me.

"Hey...how can I help you" I asked as Jenna left us alone.

"No you can't, but let's just say that I'm here to help you instead" The girl replied.

Oh wait I think I know her because I can sense the familiarity in her voice...I have heard that voice before but I can't remember where exactly.

"Don't pressure your little brain too much...it's me Melina" She said interrupting my thoughts.

"I hope the name rings a bell" She said getting up and facing me.