Chapter 38: Those three words

Ashley's POV

"I love you. Take care" He whispered placing a soft kiss on my forehead before walking out.

I took a deep breath closing my eyes for a moment as if capturing the moment in my eyes. I don't why though but when he said those words it made my heart flutter with joy.

Oh what I would have given a few months back to hear him say those three words to me.

I thought that now if he ever says that, it won't affect me. Even a bit.

But I was wrong.

I was so wrong.

Because it did...it did affect me...right now and also last night when he said it for the first time.

Only I know how hard it was for me to act as if I was unaffected by his words last night. But I had to act strong, I don't want him to see the weak side of me.

"Why" I mumbled to myself.

"Why did you betray me if you really loved me...why did you break my trust. Why did you break my heart" I whispered as I could feel my eyes watering up.

Opening my eyes I wiped away the tears as more tears replaced them as my thoughts started to slip back to that dreadful day when I walked into his study and found those pictures.

The chain of my thoughts was suddenly interrupted by the continuous ringing of my phone, to which I'm kind of thankful because I didn't wanted to recall those memories.

I frowned at the screen of my phone which was flashing Kelly's name on it. Actually I was going to call her only because I think I know who told Kevin that I'm here...but with all these things going on I totally forgot that I needed to talk to her.

Though I'm really mad at her...from everyone in my family I only told her where I was going and what did she do? She went to him and blabbered everything out.

"Hey...it's feels like it's been forever since we last talked. How are you" She asked as I received the call.

"Hey. I was just a little busy and yeah I'm fine" I replied.

"Is everything alright? You sound upset" She said.

"Yeah everything's alright" I replied shortly.

"Ashley. Have you been crying? What's wrong?" She asked sensing by my voice that I was probably crying.

"No. I'm not. Anyways, what's up" I asked avoiding any further questions because if I go on explaining, I know I would be a crying mess again.

And also I didn't tell her that Kevin's here because I wanted to hear it from her that how she told him my whereabouts which led him straight here...to me.

"Nothing much. Actually I wanted to tell you something..." She trailed off and I knew what she was about to say.

"Yeah go on" I replied.

"It's about Kevin" She said.

"What about him" I asked.

"I'll just cut straight to the point. I told him everything and also where you live...so I think that you'll be seeing him soon" She replied hesitantly.

"Yeah I know that already. I met him" I said casually.

"Oh so he found you and he didn't even inform me..." She said in an excited voice but soon stopped.

"I'm really sorry Ashley but when he came at my place one night I just felt like he isn't the one wrong in all this...he looked so vulnerable without you, I don't think I have ever seen him like that before. I think that you both should..." She added but I interrupted her.