jeepney ride

"Ano na... what's happening?" you ask as you impatiently stomp your feet on the ground like a 3 year old.

"The app says it should be here in 7 minutes," Donny said.

"It's been 10 minutes, Donny!" you shout.

"Okay, babe. No need to shout," he almost whispered but you hear the slight breaking of his voice.

You knew for a fact that Donny doesn't like being shouted at. I mean, who does, right?

"I'm sorry... I just don't want to be late for the first day of class," you said as you cup his face.

"It's okay... I'm sorry, too. I shouldn't have offered a ride. I forgot yesterday na coding pala ako ngayon. Daddy and Ella's using the other cars," he muttered. "I really... just wanted to accompany you. It's your first day in college," he continued.

"You really are so sweet, bub. But I'm really running late," you said.

"Sorry..."

"Wait. I have an idea! Let's ditch the Uber," you giggled.

"Huh? How will you get to school then?" Donny asked, clueless.

"Let's ride a jeepney. I'm used to this one," you offer.

"Is that even safe?" Donny asked. Clearly, this is his first time riding one.

"Don't care. I'm safe as long as I'm with you," you said, smiling at him.

"Okay, I'll hail one. Going to España, right?" he asked.

A jeepney pulled up right in front of you.

"This one! Hurry! Hurry!" Donny called. You bet he's excited — like a kid.

"Magkano bayad?" Donny whispered on your ear.

"8 each," you said.

"Oh okay... Manong, bayad. Makikiabot po," he shouted, while passing it on to the guy next to him.

"See? I'm marunong, too," he smirked. God, he's so attractive.

For the entire ride, he was holding your hand while bending a little for he's too tall.

"Para po," you said as the jeepney approached your school.

"Well, that was fun. I loved it," Donny said as the both of you walk to the school gate.

"Told you. Oh paano ba yan? I'm a minute early. Guess I'll go inside," you said.

"Take care, okay? I'll fetch you later. Mag jeep ulit tayo," Donny said.

You can't help but burst into laughter at how Donny is suddenly so fond of riding jeepneys.

"Sure babe, I love you!" you shout as you enter inside.

"I love you more," Donny said.