hospital

"Love, kapit lang okay. I'll be here with you all the way. We'll pray to God about it," Donny said as the nurses lie you down the hospital bed.

You can't help but laugh as you notice that Donny's only in his jersey shorts and a shirt, with only slippers on. He hurriedly came over your village and rushed you to the hospital the moment you called him on the phone.

"You really are so sweet. Don't worry, I won't die from tripping over my bike," you say then cup his face.

"Eh paano? I can't help but worry about you. You sounded like you're in so much pain when you called kanina. Tignan mo oh, naka tsinelas lang ako, yung buhok ko gulo gulo pa," he uttered.

"Well, it's not my fault no. Anyway, do you think I'll get stitches for this?" you ask him as you show him the enormous cut on your left arm.

"Hmm, maybe. I'll call Shawn Mendes," he said and you gave him a confused look.

"Shawn Mendes?"

"Eh diba sabi nya, 'I'll be needing stitches'?" Donny said, smiling.

Tss, waley talaga 'to.

"Pssh, you're so waley talaga kahit kelan," you said.

"I'm only trying to make you laugh... so I can ease the pain kahit papano," he whispered then planted a light kiss on your forehead.

"Ouch," you flinch at the pain.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to."

The doctor came to see you and told you you'll be needing a few stitches to make up for the huge cut, but the few bruises you have on your legs should be gone in a week or two. He also gave you painkillers and some other medications.

"Doc, can you CT Scan her?" Donny asked.

"Well, hija, did you hit your head when you tripped over?" the doctor asked.

"Not really doc," you answer.

"I just want to make sure there aren't any internal bleedings or whatever," Donny explained.

"Well, if that's what you want then we'll do it," the doctor said.

"Okay. Like what they say, it's better to be safe than sorry," you add.

After performing the CT scan, the doctor explained to you and Donny the results and you're both glad to find out that there isn't really anything to worry about.

A couple of minutes later, you were brought to the operating room. It did not take longer than thirty minutes since it isn't a major operation.

"Love, are you okay na?" Donny said as you were brought to the recovery room. The doctor said you can be discharged in less than 24 hours.

"Yup, thank you," you answer.

"No worries. I'll know you'll get through this, strong ka e," Donny said.

"A strong independent woman who needs lambing sometimes," you joke.

Donny kissed your cheek and you feel the heat rising from the inside. "Oh by the way, my credit card is in my bag. Did you bring it? Can you please settle the hospital bill before we leave?" you ask.

"I brought your bag. Don't worry about the bill, okay na," Donny said which left you in shock.

"Huh? Wh-why?"

"Well, apparently, Daddy's close pala with the owner of this hospital. Wag na raw magbayad e," Donny said.

"That's good huh," you answer.

"You know what else is good?" Donny asked.

"What?"

"McDonalds!!!!" Donny screamed as he picked up two bags of food from McDo. "I know you love this so I ordered some. Para mas mabilis paggaling mo. Let's eat?"

Donny then sat on your bed and fed you like you were some seven year old.

Oh Donny, what did I do to deserve you? You think to yourself.