twentieth

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Donny, happy birthday to you," Tito Anthony, Tita Maricel, Hannah, Benj, Solana and you sing as you stare at the celebrant who's only awaken from his sleep. You're carrying a cake that you had personally baked for this day on one hand and your phone, taking an Instagram story, on the other.

You've never done something like this before --- waking up someone to surprise them on their birthday. "Happy birthday again, mon amour," you said.

Donny sat up from his bed and said, "Thank you, love. Thanks, mom and dad. Thank you, too, Hanots and Benj and of course, Solana. Group hug!"

You put the cake on the bedside table and join them on the hug.

"Oh Ella, I didn't realize you were there, hi," Donny said through the phone Tito Anthony was holding wherein Ella was on video call.

"Happy birthday Donny! You're getting older now," Ella said on the other line.

"Thank you, we're back to being one year apart huh," Donny said.

"Kuya, can I eat the cake Ate Y/N has made for you?" Solana asked.

"Sure baby. But tirhan mo si Kuya ha," Donny said sweetly.

Donny has always been really good with children. There's no wonder he'd be a great father one day. You can't help but hope to be able to build a family with him when the time comes.

"Okay, I'll take this," Solana said then grabbed the cake from the table.

"Careful, sweetie. You'll get to eat that later after breakfast, okay?" Tito Anthony said then took the cake away from Solana. "Let's put this in the fridge for now. Breakfast, anyone? Let's go to the dining area," he continued.

"Good to know dad! I'm starving already," Benj said.

"You're always hungry. By the way, happy birthday again Kuya. Here's my gift," Hannah said then handed a paper bag to Donny.

"Thank you, Hanots," Donny said then hugged Hannah. "I'll open it later."

"Here's mine," Benj said then handed an envelope to Donny.

"What's this? Did you make me a letter Benj? What a sweet brother you are!" Donny exclaimed.

"It's a gift certificate. Anyways, I'm gonna eat breakfast na," Benj answered then left the room with Hannah.

You can't help but smile as to how close Donny and his siblings are. Too bad you don't have siblings.

"Love, me too. I have something for you," you said.

"Aww, you really didn't have to. Having you is more than enough as a gift," Donny said, enclosing you into a hug and resting his chin on your head.

"Stop being so cheesy! Here!" you said then handed him your gift. As he opened it, he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Love, how did you--- I mean, how were you able to... you know? Thank you, love. Thank you. This has made me so happy," Donny said then planted a quick kiss on your lip. He was in awe as he stared at the white Adidas shirt Emma Watson signed.

"Well, remember when my family and I went to New York last month? We flew back to Los Angeles and to my surprise, we were at the same flight! So I humbly asked her to sign the shirt I bought you as pasalubong," you recall.

"What?! You were at the same flight with Emma freaking Watson and you didn't even bother to tell me?" Donny shouted playfully, still in shock.

"Sorry bumbum! I wanted to keep it a secret to surprise you," you say.

"It's okay. I'm just... super shookt, as in. Wow. My girlfriend was in the same flight as my ultimate crush?" he said.

"Isn't that the same girl? LOL," you tease.

"Wow ha, si Emma kaya crush ko," Donny answered.

"Edi akin na yan," you joked then grabbed the shirt.

"Eto naman. Dalawa kaya kayo na crush ko. Pero mas lamang ka," Donny said. "Thank you for this. And for loving me too despite my imperfections. I love you."

"Imperfections? What imperfections? Nah, just kidding. I love you too, my Donny. Happy twentieth birthday," you said then kissed him.

After pulling away from the kiss, Donny draped his arms around your shoulder and said, "Breakfast? They're probably already wondering what's taking us so long."