3

⋆The Argents ⋆

The Argents

word count: 4265

Juno had never felt such euphoria before until today. She felt her mind wandering in her art class, because she didn't have Stiles next to her, passing over notes with puns written on them which would often annoy Coach Finstock. She understood what Cyrus meant when he mentioned that he became addicted to the scent of the one he was most attracted to, although Juno couldn't believe how quickly it had happened to her.

Maybe it was because she was quite a young Vampire; nowadays Vampires tend to not turn humans since it means they would have to raise them as their own, not to mention there can be consequences involved depending on who you turn and how old they are. There is some sort of Vampire hierarchy that create 'laws' for Vampires. Cyrus, being one of the oldest Vampires, is not apart of the hierarchy, but is quite close with them, and tends to not be bothered by them even if he does 'break the Vampire law'.

 The youngest Vampires tend to be around seventy years old, since there was a big 'boom' of newborn Vampires during the first and second world wars, and even then after that many years it's still hard to adjust to the lifestyle. Newborn Vampires are also unable to control their thirst, and will go on killing sprees to tame their hunger. They can't be controlled by anyone unless it's the Vampire that turned them, which is why many Vampires refuse to turn others because of the responsibilities they will have to take on.

The girl with strawberry blonde sat next to Juno with a raised eyebrow as she watched her paint on her canvas. The class was instructed to paint the set of bottles in front of them, but Juno instead was creating her own abstract piece.

She cleared her throat and leaned over so that she wouldn't disturb the rest of the class, "you know we're doing realism for the first few weeks?" She asked with a raspy voice.

Juno blinked a few times and looked over at the strawberry blonde. She looked at her near complete work, then looked back at her own which was in fact a masterpiece to the right people, but not what she was told to do.

"Right, I was just a bit out of this. Thanks," Juno sighed.

The girl squinted at Juno, "where are you from?" She asked.

"London."

The girl cocked her head to the side in confusion, "you don't sound like you're from London, but you don't sound anywhere near American, it's like you're in the middle," she said. The girl looked at Juno's floral dress, but quickly looked back at her artwork. "Cute dress," she said quickly, almost as if she didn't want to admit it.

Juno smiled, "thank you, I'm Juno by the way," she introduced, holding her hand out for a handshake.

The girl simply looked down at her hand. She reluctantly shook it, but only out of courtesy, and because there was somehow a girl in Beacon Hills who was on her level of looks. Perhaps even higher.