17

⋆  The Blood Love ⋆word count: 6739

⋆  The Blood Love ⋆
word count: 6739

"You're awfully pale, Sir Clarke," Juno commented. She sat cross legged on the stone ground, taking a bite out of a torn piece from a bread roll. The headband made from scrap rags tied around her head didn't keep some stray golden curls from her face, although she was too hungry to bother. Her glowing tanned skin contrasted with her light blue tunic; her ethereal beauty had caught those who met her for the first time off guard, and Cyrus Clarke was indeed one of them.

"Not everyone's skin can blessed by the sun like yours is my lady," he chuckled.

"You may refer to me by my given name, Sir Clarke."

"And you also."

"You're of nobility!" Juno cried, standing from the ground. "I couldn't-"

"Juno Taylor I insist you ignore noble titles and treat me as your friend."

She hummed. "You're unlike the others, Cyrus Clarke."

"As are you Juno. You know a woman with a mouth like yours ought to be burned?"

Juno let out a loud 'ha' at his comment. Juno Taylor was the loud mouthed young woman who never knew when to shut her mouth. She always would talk back and start arguments, but of course Cyrus' comments were correct, and she'd never demonstrate such behaviour in the public eye; that didn't mean she still wasn't a talkative girl.

She was the exact opposite to her older sister, Diana. Diana Taylor was what every woman was expected to be. She was quiet, patient and nurturing. Juno envied her sister greatly as she had men bowing at her feet, begging for her hand in marriage as they so desperately wanted an obedient wife with godly looks like hers, but none of them had the charm and charisma quite like Cyrus did.

It was a mystery how he managed to spark her interest. Diana was only delivering clothing that her family had made to one of the Lords. Along the way she had just bumped into Cyrus, and instantly he had fallen in love.

The scent of her blood was unlike any other. After his many years of being in his state he thought the blood love was only a myth until he found her. It was sweet, and made him feel weak for the first time in his life since he was human. He almost ripped her to shreds right there, but the sparkle in her eyes, her blonde hair and olive skin caught him in a different sort of trance.

He found her endearing. She rarely liked to talk, but she loved to listen. It took a lot for him to convince her to talk more, and with every syllable she uttered no matter how short he fell more and more in love with her. Cyrus couldn't imagine a world without her. Everyday he thought of how to ask her to live with him for eternity, but he couldn't bring himself to give her such a burdened life.