12

⋆ The Kiss ⋆  word count: 5542

⋆ The Kiss   
word count: 5542

Stiles rested his head in the palm of his hand whilst ignoring his history lesson. His teacher's voice was a blur as he blocked out everything around him other than the thing he had his eyes on: Juno. He watched intently as she slowly wrapped her blonde ringlets around her index finger, letting the strand of hair drop before starting again. Her right hand was scribbling down the answers to all of the questions the teacher was allocating, knowing every answer due to her having experienced the history that the teacher was teaching them.

Their teacher had finally grown tired of their constant talking in class; Juno didn't need to pay attention in class due to her many years of schooling, and neither did Stiles since she could explain the content better than any teacher he had ever had. This lead them to never listen to their teachers and only socialise during class. Eventually, all teachers grew tired of their behaviour and they were separated to opposite sides of every class they had together. While it stopped them from talking, it didn't stop Stiles from being distracted by her.

His heart skipped a beat as Juno reached up to tighten the white ribbon used as a headband; the way her pale hands delicately held the silk between her fingers and gently tugged the material outwards had Stiles breathless. Often he found himself questioning why little things like fixing her headband or tying up the laces of her pink high top Converses gave him such an indescribable feeling, wondering how this girl could have such an affect on him.

It had been only a few weeks of knowing her, standing alongside her whenever they were together, talking to her at every opportunity he had, staring at her whenever she was in sight. Lydia was almost a stranger to him; the strawberry blonde never crossed his mind unless she spoke directly to him, never being in his thoughts.

Stiles came to the conclusion that he wasn't in love with Lydia Martin anymore, but had fallen for Juno Clarke instead.

However it wasn't a simple fall or a tumble; it was a crash, a crash faster than light. He crashed hard, and was now burning alive from the constant barrier that blocked him from admitting his feelings.

He knew that she could sense every one of his emotions, no matter how far away she knew when Stiles was angry, upset, anxious, or madly in love. He felt the tension between them when she could sense his butterflies, he felt that her flustered reactions were merely caused by his own and that they weren't her genuine feelings. In some cases, he was right; Juno would fight against her feelings, afraid to fall for someone that she would inevitably abandon.

Every time she stood by him, she fought the urge to want anything more than friendship. The sweet scent of his blood made it all the more difficult, as well as his red hoodie that she kept 'forgetting' to give back, despite her keeping it just so she could have his scent even when he wasn't around.