10

The Alpha Pack 
word count: 4524

Juno was sceptical following Scott into the abandoned mall; she knew that she was strong but with Stiles on her mind, she felt weakened. His numerous warnings started circulating through her mind. Why it suddenly occurred now, she had no idea, but no matter how hard Juno tried to divert her thoughts onto something else, it wouldn't work.

Anxiety began to brew in her body. Never had she felt such heightened nervousness in her life: especially not about a fight. Was her connection with Stiles so strong that she was beginning to sense his feelings miles away? It was the only explanation for Juno, although it made her feel terrible, knowing that Stiles was in an awful position for whatever reason.

Juno gripped onto Scott's shoulder to stop him. Her tight grasp made Scott wince slightly; Juno didn't control her strength.

"W-what is it?" Scott whispered, trying not to show that Juno was hurting him.

Juno tried to steady her breathing. "It's Stiles," she breathed out. She was beginning to speak, but she couldn't form the words without sounding odd to Scott. How does she explain that she could sense his best friend's emotions? How could she explain that Stiles' potential anxiety was making her weak If anything, Scott would only think Juno was worried about Stiles from how he protested her coming along with him earlier.

Footsteps caused the two to turn around and halt the current conversation. Scott and Juno's mouths hung open slightly as they noticed Isaac standing before them.

"H-hey Isaac," Scott greeted with uncertainty. Isaac nodded slightly, his eyes looking from Scott to Juno repeatedly.

"Nice date," Isaac commented, staring down at Juno.

She sighed, "you knew, huh?"

Isaac nodded, "never would I expect you to go on a date with Scott McCall of all people." Scott rolled his eyes and shot Isaac a nasty glare, before looking back to Juno with a worried expression. If Juno were feeling anxious, he didn't want her around: especially since he had Isaac now and wouldn't be on his own. Not to mention, he knew that if Juno got hurt from her not feeling well, he'd never hear the end of it from Stiles.

"If you're feeling uneasy you can leave," Scott assured Juno. "I don't want to force you into anything that you don't want to do."

Isaac frowned, "wait are you out of your mind? Didn't Peter and Derek want her here?"

"Well she's no use to Peter and Derek if she's not feeling well, is she?" Scott said through gritted teeth.

Juno shook her head as the anxiety died down, although it was still there. "It's fine, it kind of dwindled a bit when Isaac came," Juno lied. Isaac couldn't help but blush slightly as he looked over to Juno. Scott sighed in defeat as he nodded his head in the direction that they were going. Isaac placed his hand on the small of Juno's back and guided her through the mall; although Juno didn't need the security from Isaac, she appreciated experiencing such contact for the first time in years.