14

⋆ The Nightmares⋆  word count: 4225

⋆ The Nightmares⋆  
word count: 4225

Consecutively, Stiles hadn't been able to sleep at night. He found himself having ultra-realistic nightmares, often being unaware of if he were truly asleep while dreaming. Stiles woke up in a state of shock; beads of sweat dripped from his hairline and down his forehead. He sat upright, panting as he tried to recollect himself. Stiles felt a cold touch on his arm; flinching at the sudden coldness, he turned to the pale girl who's blonde curls were tousled lightly, and her golden eyes showed signs of tiredness.

"Stiles?" She asked, her voice raspy from waking up. "Are you okay?" She gently rubbed his back with one hand, and placed her other on top of his, hoping to calm him down.

Stiles' breathing steadied at her touch. "Yeah just... It was weird, like a dream within a dream," he explained.

"A nightmare?" Juno asked groggily. Stiles sighed, taking her hand in both of his and gently tracing circles with his thumb along hers. He felt calm with her beside him, but something in his mind ticked, telling him that this situation was wrong.

He looked over to her suspiciously, noticing her squinting slightly as she struggled to keep herself awake. "June, you don't sleep..." He muttered, realising the problem. Her eyes widened slightly in worry, but the sound of Stiles' bedroom door creaking open diverted both of their attentions. Stiles steadily got up from his bed, ignoring Juno's protests and attempts to coax him back to bed.

Stiles found himself suddenly in front of the nemeton. Numerous bright lights turned on and caused him to shield his eyes with his hands. The buzzing coming from the lights was deafening. A strong breeze made him struggle to walk forward, even though a part of him wished he wouldn't walk forward. Stiles covered his ears as the sound of strong wind and buzzing filled his ears, making his head throb. He shut his eyes tight, yelling at himself to wake up.

He found himself in a loop. Waking up yet again, but to his father telling him to go to school. Stiles looked around, wondering why Juno wasn't the one to wake him up like she always did on a school morning, but he ignored it. Eventually he drove himself to school and caught up with Scott, explaining his strange loop of dreams that he had been having, then all of a sudden he woke up yet again.

Juno stood outside of Stiles' window and flinched harder each time a scream left his mouth. She felt a feeling of fear in herself in the middle of the night and knew Stiles was in trouble, but arrived to see that he had just been sleeping, occasionally gripping onto his bedsheets and furrowing his brow in his sleep. Juno listened as Stiles' father coaxed him into calming down. She waited for his father to leave, and watched as Stiles sat in his bed, too afraid to fall asleep again.