16

⋆ The Nogitsune ⋆ word count: 7965

⋆ The Nogitsune ⋆ 
word count: 7965

Juno was in the basement of her home, leaning against a table as she watched her Vampiric sun protection brew. Anyone who wasn't familiar with alchemy or potion making would be certain that the Clarkes' basement was a meth lab, but it was where Juno would spend most of hour night hours if she weren't wandering around the woods just to kill time.

A surge of panic throughout her body caused her to stand straight. She clutched onto her abdomen as she tried to steady her breathing.

"Stiles," she muttered, knowing well that he was the source of sudden panic. Cursing under her breath, she rearranged the numerous flasks on the brewing table so they wouldn't boil. She ran up the basement stairs and snatched her old letterman jacket off one of the hooks and frantically put on her shoes, before fleeing the house.

Something however wasn't right. Juno could normally scope out Stiles' scent from wherever she was, but it had weakened for whatever reason. She wondered whether if she had finally gotten used to it, and groaned in frustration at the realisation. His blood scent lingered slightly, but it wasn't enough for her to track him. She was about to race to Stiles' house, but an intense feeling of terror washed over her.

She frantically looked around her, feeling suspicious of everything around her. Letterboxes, shrubs, the shadows of trees, everything in her sight seemed as if it was a mysterious figure watching her until she would focus her attention on it and see what the object really was. She began to hyperventilate; she felt afraid that someone was going to harm her, but she had no reason to be, it was Stiles' fear that she could feel.

It only made her want to find him more, to save him from whatever was making him feel so horrified. But unfortunately, moving was the last thing her body allowed her to do. Stiles' intense anxiety and fear completely took over her mind, to the point where Juno began to wonder if it was just Stiles' fear that she felt of perhaps her own. She stood in the centre of the empty road, hands trembling and knees shaking as her breathing became more and more rapid as each second passed.

Juno's legs completely gave out, and she was suddenly kneeling on the asphalt in the middle of the road. Her hands fumbled to her pocket where she struggled to retrieve her phone. Her trembling hands could barely swipe the screen and open it, especially due to her ice cold hands. After multiple attempts, she finally unlocked her phone, and immediately called Scott to tell him that there was something wrong with Stiles.

He answered the phone immediately, breathless, possibly from running.

"Juno! Did Stiles call you too?" Scott asked immediately.

"N-no," she managed to let out. Her hands trembled, and her voice was shaking when talking over the phone with Scott. "I-I can f-feel that h-he's"

"Juno, hey, it's alright," Scott reassured. "We're gonna go to the sheriff's station to tell Stiles' dad that he's missing. Can you go and get your brother to see if he can help?" Scott asked. Juno choked out a yes before hanging up. She made her way towards the hospital, but only at human pace as she found herself having to stop every few seconds just to catch her breath.