18

The Odd Pairsword count: 4722

The Odd Pairs
word count: 4722

It had only been a day since Juno kissed Stiles, yet she could still feel him linger on her lips. The intense feeling of overwhelming euphoria was still in her body. A part of her swore that she could still smell his blood around her.

But these feelings would fade quickly when she realised that he was locked away in a mental institution. Even at his own will, she was still concerned for his well-being; there was always a history of abuse in places like Eichen House.

To keep her mind occupied from Stiles, she sat on the furry pink rug spread in Lydia's bedroom. While Stiles was gone, Juno was tired of holding back her apology for shutting out Lydia after what had happened a while ago, no matter how many times Scott told Juno that she didn't need to. Lydia was more than happy knowing that Juno wanted full closure rather than to act normal without a word; it made her respect her far more, and she welcomed her back fully into her life with welcome arms.

Lydia held onto Juno's hand gently as she carefully stroked bright pink polish along each of her fingernails. Allison was laying on the ground; her dark curls sprawled around her as she vocalised all of her feelings for Isaac. Juno really loved listening to Allison talk about what had been going on with her life. It felt relieving to just sit and listen to others, since Juno had felt she had been doing all the talking lately. It was especially relieving to have Allison voice her feelings about Isaac, because it gave Juno a break from being bombarded with questions about her kiss with Stiles.

"I say go for it," Lydia shrugged, painting Juno's pinky finger. "You two hit it off at the party and since then it's just been awkward city."

Allison shut her eyes tight and groaned, finding every possible reason to protest, and all sorts of excuses as to why it wouldn't work.

"If you protest so much then do you really like him that much?" Juno asked. Lydia raised her eyebrows, and Allison sat up slightly to look at Juno, her expression unreadable.

"I do I just-" Allison began defensively, but then her face fell as she looked down. She laid back down on the ground and stared up at the ceiling. "No you're right Juno, if I really did like him I wouldn't come up with so many excuses..."

Lydia tried to hide the smirk fighting to appear on her face, "so, you'll go for it?"

Juno and Lydia both grinned as they watched Allison nod her head then let out a deep sigh. Lydia mouthed 'nice one' to Juno before continuing to paint her nails. Juno was worried that perhaps she had come off too harsh, but it was the truth that Allison needed to hear. If Allison really did have feelings for Isaac, there was no use listing all the reasons why she shouldn't, unless she didn't have true feelings for him at all and just wanted to avoid it.

"What about you Juno," Lydia hummed, "you don't seem to be following your own wise advice," she teased.

"Oh we're back onto him are we?"