finally

AGE SEVENTEEN

after the sudden departure of jimin, life has been going smoothly. yoongi no longer is neglected and instead is treasured, similar to when they were small children.

he loves the attention, having hoseok treat him so wonderfully and lovingly. they always sleep at each other's houses, wear each other's clothes, and cuddle nearly every day. it was almost like they were dating. almost. (yoongi was still working on that.)

of course, in the back of his mind yoongi has doubts and concerns, those surrounding the major shift after jimin was out of the picture. am i only a rebound? will i ever be like jimin to hoseok?

the questions always seem to remain stuck in the back of his brain, which further decayed the scraps of self-confidence. still the strange mystery surrounding jimin and hoseok is left unanswered and yoongi doesn't feel like interfering. he is happy jimin was gone anyway.

yoongi is just waiting for any sort of romantic interest from hoseok. of course, the signs were blatantly there but yoongi brushes them off as being quirks of hoseok's exceptional personality.

he just really loves hoseok. really loves him. yoongi adores him and falls deeper and deeper in love with him with every passing day.

he's just waiting. waiting for a sign for them to further their relationship into something more.

but how much longer he can wait, he doesn't know.

it's the summer of junior year when hoseok finally decides to take action.

take what action? well, hoseok has been having weird emotions lately. feelings about yoongi that are somewhat unfamiliar to him.

yoongi has always just been cute, and pretty... and attractive... and really, really cute. hoseok thought that was obvious. he has always felt attracted to yoongi, but never classified as actual love. until hoseok started wondering about them, him and yoongi and their obscure romantic relationship. he asked himself, why is yoongi so different in my mind compared to others like namjoon or jin? why is he on my mind so often? why do i have weird dreams about him?

truth is, he doesn't know. until now of course.

hoseok trusts yoongi with all his heart and being. he wants and needs to confess. deep down, he knows yoongi must feel the same way. he knows everything about yoongi. his habits, quirks, everything. hoseok truly believes in his heart that him and yoongi are meant to be. soul partners. soulmates. true loves. everything.

he wants to be with yoongi for the remainder of his life. no one else.

with all these intensive feelings welled up inside of him hoseok wants to do it. confess to yoongi.

so he does.

in the evening, hoseok leaves his house and picks up a little daisy that had bloomed in his yard. it was cute and tiny, just like yoongi. he beams, satisfied and ready to meet his friend. he couldn't wait to make yoongi his.

after a lengthy walk, the sunshine boy finally arrives at his destination.

ah, yes. that little mushroom's house.

hoseok gently knocks on yoongi's door and the boy lazily answers, sleepy-eyed and dressed in his lounge clothes.

"been sleeping?" hoseok asks with a smirk.