rain

AGE SIXTEEN

yoongi sits alone in his room, limbs tangled in blankets and his tiny body snuggled into the very corner of his mountainous bed. he stares at everything and nothing, eyelids drowsily drawing open and shut in sleepy, sluggish blinks.

despite sleeping for the bulk of the leisurely day, yoongi is still tired as ever and shivering in the bleak, rainy atmosphere. clamorous showers pour over the house, while the crashing raindrops splatter against his fragile window.

even though the rugged downpour is intensely deafening, it couldn't compare to the terrible, boisterous thoughts that cluttered his brain.

everything felt so loud. so, terribly loud.

time has past. had things gotten better? yes and no. hoseok pays a bit more attention to yoongi now, but every second of every day consists of time with his new boyfriend. it hurts yoongi's heart, but he lives. barely.

namjoon tells yoongi the same words he had said to hoseok all those years ago,

"the sun will always come back after the rain."

ironic, since it's currently pouring outside.

but it was nice, hearing sweet, optimistic things like that (though he would never admit it, the simple lovely words could convince him of impossible things for a fleeting while. like, "hoseok loves you too, yoongi!": a dream he's desired his whole childhood.)

he is terribly lovesick, but he deals with it. barely. he recalls miserable memories of jimin and hoseok, sighing to himself trying to move on.

but, little did yoongi know, it would be a long while until he sees jimin again.

yoongi breathes out, expecting a warm gust of visible air to expel in the wintery air. he curses in frustration, desiring nothing but a simple heater in his chilly surroundings.

what he doesn't expect is a knock on his front door, almost drowned out by the thunderous crashing of rain. yoongi's ears perk up like a cat's and he sits up in the sea of duvets, blinking in curiosity.

he hesitantly rises from his warm bed, his small body still completely wrapped in an giant heap of thick blankets.

he tiptoes down the hall into the doorway, slowly opening the door with a low creak. he looks up at the visitor and a sharp gasp flies from his throat.

it's him.

hoseok stands soaked in the rain, his wet hair sticking to his forehead and his usually bright, elated eyes red and tearful. big, wet tears and raindrops fell like a faucet down his paled cheeks and the water runs onto his damp coat with a low splish. he feebly looks up, sniveling and trembling in the rainy cold.

"hoseok?" yoongi blurts in bewilderment, before he is quickly engulfed in a tight embrace.

"y-yoongi," hoseok chokes out, burying his face into yoongi's shoulder and letting out small sobs.

yoongi is startled, to say the least, he's never seen hoseok so... broken before. the boy's clinging onto him with all his strength, and yoongi's nearly toppling over from all of the weight.

"gosh, hoseok," yoongi mutters, stroking his friend's back as he pulls him into the comfort of his house. hoseok strips off his soaked jacket as yoongi pulls out his bulky duvet, bundling him up with warm blankets as he cries.

yoongi guides hoseok to his living room, where a warm, crinkling flame stirs in the fireplace. yoongi frowns, having forgotten lighting it but nevertheless pleased there is a nice source of heat. hoseok plops down beside the fireplace, weeping still into the fabric of yoongi's blankets.