what?

AGE SEVEN

a year later, the same three sit together during lunchtime.

"okay, okay, okay," namjoon chuckles, beginning to explain his story to the two listening boys. "once, i was at ikea and i wanted to hug a pillow, right? so i grab one and accidentally knock over the entire display, causing a large crash. everyone was looking at me! and the worst part was, there was this tiny kid that was almost completely crushed."

"awww," yoongi says disappointedly, "why didn't he get hit?"

"he kinda did. his legs were hurt and he was crying a lot," namjoon replies with a solemn expression. yoongi kind of shrugs as if he's saying, i wish the display completely fell on the kid, but in the nicest way possible.

hoseok furrows his brows before asking, "wait... why did you want to hug a pillow?"

namjoon shrugs and sips his milk carton.

"because he's a loner," yoongi whispers into hoseok's ear. the two burst into snickering while namjoon rolls his eyes.

"are you gunna marry a pillow namjoon?" hoseok jokes.

"aye! shut up," namjoon grunts. yoongi and hoseok erupt into giggles again.

"you have any stories?" namjoon asked as the laughter dies down.

yoongi shrugs indifferently and turns to the boy on his left.

hoseok thinks for a moment and laughs,

"do
you
remember
when
yoongi
and
i kissed
last
year?"

w h a t ?

yoongi's blood boils.

he freezes up, completely tense and shocked. he drops his spoon into his soup in surprise as hot, burning anger riles up within him. yoongi's eyes are focused on the table, his fiery gaze nearly burning a hole through the furniture. he's so enraged he can't look up at him. he can't imagine his face in his mind. he couldn't even think of his name, every single thought present was only rage and utter disbelief.

we promised. we promised to never, ever speak of that again.
you... promised...

the table is dead silent. so quiet you could hear a pin drop. the time seems to tick by excruciatingly slowly, quick seconds seeming like long days and minutes seeming like everlasting years. namjoon is wide-eyed, uncomfortable, and awkward, knowing that hoseok had accidentally brought up something he shouldn't have.

hoseok quickly realizes his mistake, and glimpses at the irate yoongi with guilt and terror engulfed in his almond eyes.

he starts, "yoo—"

yoongi jumps up before hoseok can finish and shoves his chair away, leaving it nearly skidding across the shiny floor. he quickly slings his crumpled bag over his shoulder and storms off angrily, stomping toward the building as invisible steam puffs out of his ears.

"y-yoongi! yoon wait, i'm sorry!" hoseok pleads desperately, watching as the furious boy marches into the entrance of the hall and lividly slams the door behind him with an echoing SLAM.